Ch_57

Khushi's P.O.V.

Entering the office room, aunty spoke up, "Khushi, it's great. You came. I went to your house to meet you. But your brother just said you don't leave there anymore. I asked about your address but he didn't give me."

I spoke up being confused, "I am married now aunty. But why did you want to meet me? And what are the kids saying?"

Aunty spoke up, "First you tell me what's the matter? Why is this happening all of a sudden?"

I was getting more confused as I spoke up, "Aunty I am not getting you. What are you referring to?"

Aunty spoke up making me more confused, "Khushi, wasn't this Orphanage willed on your name by your Ammi? Then why is Kowshik claiming it as his own? Did you hand it over to him?"

I was being totally clueless about all the talkings of Aunty and kept staring at her blankly.

Aunty also got startled seeing me like that but getting herself together in few moments, she spoke up again, "Why are you being like this? Didn't you know this already?"

I couldn't get to utter anything and just shook my head. I mean I knew the orphanage was built in the supervision of Ammi but didn't know it was willed on my name.

Giving me a confused look, aunty spoke up, "You didn't know! What about the company then?"

Not getting a single thing, I uttered, "Which company?"

Aunty spoke up in an obvious tone, "Which company! I am talking about Malik Industries. After your Ammi, you should be the rightful owner."

Whatever aunty was going on uttering, nothing was going through my mind.

Then aunty spoke up again, "Khushi, you can handle that later but dear please help me out with the orphanage. I am all tired of trying to convince Kowshik. He is not even ready to listen to me. He is selling this Orphanage. Where will I go with these kids! Please dear. Do something."

Getting myself together, I managed to ask her, "Aunty, from whom do you get to know all these?"

She spoke up with an obvious tone, "Your Ammi. I thought you knew this all along. That's why you still come here and spend time with kids.

You might not remember but when you were little, your Ammi brought you here often. You used to play and spend time with the kids back then too. Your ammi used to say after her, you will take care of this Orphanage. She willed her everything on your name."

Hearing all this, I just kept staring at Aunty all blankly for a while whereas Aunty was giving me a pleading look. Then giving her a nod, I stood up.

A paper on the table came to my sight then. As some words caught my attention, I took it in hand and forwarded to meet him while thinking in mind, "Is it the only reason, they let me stayed there! Just because they could get the sign from me when turned of the required age. Whatever they want to do with the company, they can. I don't care. But I won't let them be likewise with the orphanage too. Enough is enough. I always felt like homeless though I had one because of them. But I won't let this happen to these kids. They won't be homeless."

I forwarded to get a taxi but then I remembered Arnav and Esha waiting for me at the restaurant as I looked towards the park. Taking out my phone from the purse, I called Arnav.