Ch_28

Khushi's P.O.V.

.

Last night kaki came to my room and said to me that Abbu was calling me for dinner.

Being confused, I went to dining table and took my seat. Everyone was silent at dining table and after dinner when they were about to leave, Abbu turned to me and spoke up, "Arnav is coming here with his family tomorrow evening. I don't want to hear any negative word from anyone. Mark that otherwise it won't be good for you."

Saying that, he left from there and I stayed there all puzzled. When I was going back to my room after a while, I heard my phone ringing in the living room.

I got near the phone and glancing at the caller ID, I answered the call immediately only to hear her yelling voice as she spoke up, "What is it Khushi? You didn't even call me for once and when I kept calling you, you didn't even answer my call."

I kept silent hearing Payel and then she uttered in a concerned tone, "What happened Khushi? Is everything alright?"

Hearing this tone, tears started rolling down my eyes and I kept sobbing.

Payel spoke up again tenderly, "Khushi? What is it, dear? Tell me."

Wiping my eyes, I told her everything about the incident of that night and whatever was happening now.

Hearing me, she just uttered, "What?"

I asked her finding nothing as a solution of this, "What should I do, Payel? Arnav must be hating me now also. All he did was helping me and these all are happening."

She kept silent for a moment and then she spoke up, "If we see this from his side, he isn't wrong Khushi. He just helped you then."

I uttered, "I know. But what should I do now?"

After keeping silent for a moment, she spoke up, "I have a solution of this but you please don't tell me still you want to be with your so called family."

Being confused, I uttered, "What do you mean?"

She told me her plan and I just uttered, "No, Payel. I can't do it."

Then I heard her uttering, "Then what do you want? The people you kept saying your family, are they like really your family?"

I kept silent hearing her and she spoke up again, "I know it will hurt you if I say this but its true, Khushi. They are no one near to be called as your family and you know this too. So will you please stop being an unwanted person there let alone becoming somewhere else also obeying them?"

When I tried to speak up something, she again uttered, "You know my mother always says one thing to me. It's 'Never do to others what you do not want done to yourself'. And this time it's not just about you as you will be making someone else also doing something against his will. He will also feel just the way, you always felt. It's not right Khushi."

Giving her word a thought, I spoke up after some moment, "You are right, Payel. I can do anything with myself but I can't make anyone else do this along with me especially when he just tried to help me."

She spoke up then, "Right. Then do whatever I told you. Talk to Arnav and I will take care of the other things."

Payel cut off the line saying, "Okay then. You don't worry. Everything will be alright. I am hanging up now. Good night."