Ch_38

Areesha's P.O.V.

.

Early in the morning when I was about to get out of my room, I got bumped to someone.

It was Khushi and she was about fall getting all startled. When I held of her, I got shocked. She was just burning up.

She tried to speak up but when I saw she was having problems for talking, I spoke up, "No need to say anything now. Keep quiet."

I took her to her room and made her lie on the bed. While looking around the room for Arnav, I called Dr. Roshni who was our family doctor.

She directed me something and said that she would come after sometime. Cutting off the line, I turned to her and asked, "Where is Arnav?"

She tried to speak up between her coughing. Seeing that, I spoke up, "Forget it. You stay. I am coming back."

Saying this, I left the room only to get back after getting some food and the medicine doctor instructed to give her.

I made her take the medicine after eating something and then I kept caressing her hair to get her some sleep and I didn't know why but she kept looking at me every two minutes with teary eyes until she fell asleep.

Then I put the comforter properly on her and got downstairs. I was walking in the living room while thinking what happened to Khushi all of a sudden as she was all right last night.

The chain of my thought got interrupted when I heard Arnav uttering, "Api?"

I looked at him properly only to understand that he was coming back from jogging.

Getting near, I asked him, "What happened to Khushi all of a sudden?"

He answered casually, "What happened?"

Hearing him, I spoke up with a little bit of anger, "What do you mean by what happened! She is sick. How could you go for jogging leaving her alone like this!"

He tried to say, "Api, I didn't know " but cutting him off, I uttered again, "Now please don't tell me you didn't know she fell sick!"

When he kept quiet, I started yelling at him, "No matter how you got married but she is your wife now for goodness sake. How could you be this indifferent to her? What if it was Esha or me? Would you still be like this careless?"

He was about to say something but right then Dr. Roshni entered and spoke up, "Mrs. Areesha?"

After giving Arnav a last glance of glare, I took Roshni to Khushi's room.

She was still sleeping. I asked Doctor whether I should wake her up. She forbade me as she went near her.

Dr. Roshni spoke up after checking her fever, "Don't worry. It's nothing serious. I think she was just exhausted enough and somehow got cold to get to this point. I am prescribing some medicine. If necessary, give her this."

Nodding at her, I took the prescription and giving Khushi a sad look, I got outside with Dr. Roshni.

She left our place and I entered the kitchen for regular stuff. Arnav was still in the living room. When he saw me, he got near me. He kept trying to talk to me but I kept myself busy with my work.

When he understood, I was angry enough, he uttered, "Api, I am sorry. It's not going to happen again."

When I tried to say, "Arnav..", he cut me off and spoke up, "Api, I said, I am sorry."

I gave Arnav a pleading look remembering Khushi's look being all teary and spoke up, "Vai, please. Khushi is a nice girl. Don't be like this to her. For me at least?"