Ch_54

Arnav's P.O.V.

At the party when suddenly Khushi held my arm, I smiled a little but when I saw Khushi's face, I got confused. In no moment the smile got replaced with a glare as I saw Khushi's family entering the hall room.

As they kept getting near us, Khushi's hold on my arm got tightened and I could easily feel it was out of fear but at the same time I was happy strangely.

I put my hand on her hand while giving a nod to her. While trying to assure her that nothing to worry as I was there with her, I spoke up, "What are you worrying about when I am right beside you!"

I didn't know if Khushi got me well but she smiled a little.

Getting forward, Muhib Vai spoke up, "It's great. That you two came."

I smilingly added to that, "Indeed."
Giving us a smiling look, Khushi's father turned to Khushi and spoke up, "How are you, Khushi?"

As Khushi answered, "I am fine.", her face was all blank.

My blood just boiled up at the thought that how could a father be like that to get his daughter felt all uneasy with just his presence.

Rather the case should be totally opposite. Isn't it!

Uncle and Api kept talking to them on some random stuffs.

Then some business clients came up to us and Vai and me got busy with them. After a while when I turned to Khushi she was with her so called family alone whereas Uncle and Api was talking to someone a little away.

I didn't know what her brother was telling her but with Khushi's face, I could easily understand it wasn't something good.

"Vai, I will be right back.", saying this, I forwarded towards Khushi.

By the time I reached there, her brother was done with his talking and I heard Khushi uttering, "Vai, I didn't."

Seeing me, both of them smiled and her brother was about to utter something but I spoke up turning to Khushi before that, "Khushi, Api is calling you."

May be luck was also on my side as right then api turned to us and spoke up, "Khushi, dear will you come here for some moment?"

Khushi looked at me and I directed her towards Api smilingly. Giving her family a look, she forwarded towards Api.

When she got at quite distance, I stood straight in front of my so called near ones and spoke up, "Is everything going alright with your business?"

Before they could utter anything, I uttered again smilingly, "Be careful while doing from anything to everything. I mean anything can happen when it has to happen, right?You never know when your upside turns down." only to get the smile of their faces vanished in the thin air.

When I found them looking at Khushi, I uttered, "Don't worry about her. She will be fine and happy here forgetting other things and without bothering to know all other things."

They gave me a shocking look. Maybe they understood that enough of their wrongdoings got into my knowledge.

Right then Muhib Vai got there and after glancing at me, he got the situation and spoke up smilingly, "Mr. Malik, you know me well, right? I don't really get into others' things nor I allow any bullshit in my things but somehow it got in. So I cannot just allow it, you know. So just let's call it off. And I just hope you won't try to make me get at that again as things will be troublesome then not for me though."