Ch_2

In London

It was half-past five by morning. Last night Arnav woke up having a strange feeling and after that he couldn't fall asleep again. Then he started working on his project thesis.

After working on the project thesis for several hours, Arnav got tired. Standing by the side of the window, he kept staring at the sky.

The cool breeze was touching his face and to clear his mind, he kept standing there.

When his phone rang off, he looked at the phone screen and a smile crept on his lips.

He attended the call immediately and said, "Hey, Api. All good?"

"Were you sleeping? Without looking at the clock, I called. I was about to cut the line off but you answered." Areesha spoke up apologetically.

"Api, I was up from few hours back. I was working on my project. You tell me. Everything okay there?" Arnav spoke up and hearing him, Areesha felt relieved.

"Everything is okay here, Vai. You tell me. Why were you up this early! Don't do over work, dear. You will fall sick." Areesha spoke up with a concerned tone.

"I am fine Api. My project thesis is almost done. I will be with you all in a few days. Don't worry."

"That's great. By the way, have you taken anything for breakfast?" Areesha asked further.

"Breakfast! Api actually I was about to go for it now." Arnav tried to make an excuse only to get yelled by Areesha.

"I knew it. You will never care about your health by yourself. You are more like Esha in this matter. I shouldn't have come here leaving you there alone." Saying this, she turned to her husband, Muhib who was getting ready for his office, "It's all because of you, Muhib."

Muhib got startled hearing this and looked at Areesha with a questioning look and when Areesha kept glaring at him, he asked being confused, "What did I do now, wifey?"

"What did you do! Okay, let me tell you" Areesha started but interrupting her, Arnav spoke up understanding the situation, "Api api. Just relax. It's a matter of a few days. And anyways, I am going to take my breakfast now. Don't worry."

"That would be better for you. Okay then" Areesha spoke up with a smile and was about to cut off the line when Arnav asked, "By the way, where is my princess?"

"Your princess! She is not yet up from her beauty sleep. I tried to wake her up for several times but all she kept saying is '5 minutes Mummy'. And these 5 minutes seems to be never-ending" Areesha replied with a sigh.

Arnav laughed out at that and Areesha said again, "You two, you and Muhib made her like this."

Arnav said in their defence, "Let her sleep Api. What's the hurry!"

"Okay, Api. Gotta go. Will talk later. You guys take care. Bye." Arnav cut off the line but didn't go to take breakfast instantly rather he kept standing there.

His phone vibrated again indicating the arrival of a message.

Arnav checked it only to find out that Areesha messaged her.

'Take your breakfast right now.'

Seeing that, Arnav got downstairs to take his breakfast with a smile.

While taking his breakfast, he kept thinking about how his life got changed after that accident of his parents 16 years back.

They were brought to London by Iftekhar Zaman who was the best friend of his father. He took care of them like they were his own children.