Ch_9

Arnav's P.O.V.

.

Today when I entered the College library, Akash was already present there working on his laptop. With a frowning face, I went up to him and took a seat beside him.

He didn't even notice me but continued his work. I couldn't help being sarcastic and spoke up, "Akash, you here! This early! Is everything alright?"

He glared at me and then turned to his laptop screen again. He was scrolling down and turning to next pages while searching something.

I got surprised at his behaviour as he was a person who believes, "If it's not on the first search page on Google, it doesn't exist."

I asked him casually, "What happened, Akash? You are looking quite serious."

He spoke up in a disappointed tone, "Arey yaar, thesis project submission date has been declared. And it is by the end of THIS month. Can you believe it?"

But hearing him, I got excited. Though I didn't know when the submission will be but I told Api that by the end of this month, I will get back to them. Now I can really get back to them by the end of THIS month.

Being happy with the thought, I uttered excitedly, "Really?" only to get a glare from Akash.

I thought of giving Api the good news and immediately called her. When the call was answered, I was about to utter, 'Api' but heard an unfamiliar girlie voice, "Hello." and got paused for a moment.

Then it hit my mind. Why Api's phone would be answered by an unknown person rather than Api or Esha what generally happens!

Remembering the day when I called Abbu only to get the call answered by an unknown person and told me about the damn accident, I got terrified.

While fighting my fear, I started shouting, "Who are you? And why in the world you are answering this call?"

I was damn worried and just wanted to hear that my family is safe but the person got totally silent. So I again started yelling, "Answer me, damn it. Who are you?"

This time she answered me stuttering, "I a..am Kh..Khushi."

I was too worried to remember who was she and asked again, "Whoever you are, why are you answering my sister's phone? Where is she? Is she alright?"

Then I heard what I wanted to hear the most at that time, "She is alright. Here, talk to her."

Saying that, maybe she handed the phone to Api as I heard her saying, "Arnav, I am alright vai. Don't worry."

Hearing Api's voice, I got relaxed and asked, "Why was your phone answered by the girl whatever her name was?"

"Her name is Khushi. I forgot my phone on the table where Khushi was tutoring Esha." Api spoke up casually.

But I was irritated and spoke up, "Oh, so it's her. But why would she being an unknown person answer someone else's phone call!"

Hearing Api saying, "Arnav!" in a cold tone, I got silent for a moment then again spoke up, "Whatever. Api, thesis project submission date has been declared and it's by the end of this month. When I told you that I would be back by this month, I wasn't sure but now I am sure to be back to you guys by the end of THIS month."

Api uttered being extremely happy, "Alhamdulillah. I am waiting for the day to see you here, vai."

"I will be with you soon, Api. Now got to go. You stay with Esha now, okay? Bye" Saying this, I cut off the line and got back to my seat.