Ch_39

Khushi's P.O.V.

Feeling a touch on my forehead, I opened my eyes slowly only to find it was Arnav. As soon as our eyes met, he moved his hand away and created a distance between us.

I kept looking at him confusingly. It took me sometime to get his behaviour as the memories of last night came to my mind.

We both kept silent for few moments and then breaking the silence, Arnav spoke up, "Are you feeling better now?"

Finding nothing to say, I just nodded at that. He again uttered then, "I am sorry."

I got shocked hearing him. Looking at me, he again spoke up, "I mean in case I disturbed your sleep."

I felt like he wasn't talking about that but something else. When I kept staring at him like before, he spoke up, "Why didn't you tell me that you get fits of madness late in the night!"

I wasn't getting whether he was being humorous or trying to get away with his sorry.

"Anyways get rest for some more time. Will talk later." Saying this, he got out of the room immediately.

I kept staring at him until his figure went out of my sight.

I was about to get up but Api entered the room right then with a tray in hand and uttered, "Don't. Keep lying." and got near me.

Sitting by me, the put the tray on the bed side table and sat by me. After checking my fever, she spoke up, "Still feverish." then she turned to me and uttered being concerned again, "Are you feeling somewhat better, dear?"

I nodded and she made me sit and took a bowl of soup in hand. I wasn't feeling like eating. But api made me take it somehow and then gave my medicine.

I took that silently as api didn't look like she would take NO as an answer. I was feeling like having Ammi around me again and kept staring at her without uttering anything.

She then made me lie again and asked me while caressing my hair, "You wanna say something? What happened to you all of a sudden?"

I still kept quiet but when she spoke up assuming Arnav to be the reason for my condition, "Did Arnav do", I immediately shook my head and uttered, "No api. It's nothing like that."

Api spoke up then, "Khushi, you know, you can share anything to me. If you don't say then how would I get to know!"

"It's nothing Api. I don't know how I got to be like this. Anyways you go. You must be busy with the arrangements of party.", I spoke up slowly.

"Party has already got cancelled, Khushi." hearing her, I got surprised and uttered, "But api, it was for Arnav's."

Getting me shocked even more, she said, "Arnav, himself cancelled the party, Khushi. And anyways family members are more important to us than other things. We can hold a party some other time. It's no big deal."

Api stood up then and uttered, "You take rest then."

Api left the room and I kept thinking, "Arnav didn't do this for me, Api. And I am not included in this family but I wish I could be a part of your family Api. I just wish but it's not possible."

As I kept thinking this, tears started forming in my eyes. When I saw Arnav entering the room, I closed my eyes being afraid of facing his wrath.

After sometime I opened my eyes and found Arnav working on his laptop.
When I saw him turning to me, I closed my eyes again and fell asleep at some moment.

Arnav's P.O.V.

After getting out of my room, I found Api in the kitchen. I didn't know why but I asked Api to cancel the party tonight and Api also agreed with me and forwarded towards my room.