Ch_24

Khushi's P.O.V.

.

When I got back to living room with Esha, Areesha Api was talking to Vai. I couldn't get to hear the all but the last sentence of Api which made me get shocked and I couldn't help uttering, "No. I can't."

Api and Vai both turned to me and Vai scoffed in irritation. Though it was very normal behaviour of Vai to me but Api seemed to get shocked.

Getting a phone call, he left the house immediately but not before saying something to me while glaring.

When Vai left, I put Esha down and she started jumping around in the living room and I got near Api.

Api was still looking at the way as Vai went out of the house. Getting near her, I spoke up, "Api?"

She turned to me as I tried to justify Vai's anger on me. I tried to portrait Vai in a good way in front of her while expecting that come out to be true though I already knew deep in my heart that I was expecting something quite far from possibility.

I didn't know Api believed me or not but she spoke up getting me all startled, "I really want you to marry my brother, Arnav."

I tried to convince her otherwise but she kept sticking on the very same point. She also did portrait of her brother in a good way like me but I knew she was telling the truth whereas I was just telling her something that myself wouldn't buy.

When Api completed her say and gave me a hopeful look, I kept staring at her for a while then spoke up, "Api, it's not like I think Arnav is a bad person and his misbehaviour with me, though I didn't understand that time but I got it later that there was always a reason."

I was about to continue again but interrupting me, Api spoke up again smilingly being all excited, "Then can I consider your consent to this proposal?"

While shaking my head, I spoke up, "No." and the smile on her face faded away as Api uttered, "Why?"

I uttered under my breath, "Because I don't want to give him another reason to misunderstand me." but didn't say anything.

And when Api asked me again, "Khushi?", I spoke up, "Api, that night he was just trying to help me as per the demand of the situation out of humanity. I don't want to turn that action of him this way. And my family will forget all of this in few days. You don't worry about me. I am fine but you please don't go on with this."

Hearing me, Api smiled a little and then spoke up, "Khushi, there are something, I must say. Firstly, it's not about your family but me. I know your family will understand the situation but I want it to happen. Secondly, you don't know Arnav that much to know that he is not a person to do something like that just out of humanity. Thirdly, Arnav who rarely get out in foul weather, he got out that night even after I forbid him to do so. Don't you think it's all of fate?"

I wasn't understanding what should I say to her. May be Api got me and spoke up again, "Leave that. You just tell me two things."

I gave her a questioning look and she uttered again, "Do you have someone in your life? I mean a person you like? You can tell me"

I spoke up while shaking my head, "No api. It's not like that but"
Interrupting me, she spoke up again, "And you think Arnav is not a bad guy, right?"