Ch_56

Author's P.O.V.

Payel was in college library when her phone rang off flashing an unknown caller ID on the screen. Getting out of the library, she answered the call and uttered in quite lower tone, "Hello.. Who's this?"

The person from the other side of the phone call replied immediately, "You are Payel, right?"

Payel got silent at that only to get that person uttering, "Hey, relax. I am not that stalker. I am Mahin, Arnav's friend. He told me that you are being stalked and help you out."

As Payel uttered, "Oh. I am sorry. I thought..", interrupting her, Mahin spoke up, "It's okay. By the way where are you now?"

When Payel replied, "I am at my college library.", Mahin spoke up, "Okay then. You continue. When will you be done? Do you have any plan later?"

Payel answered shortly, "No." only to make Mahin utter, "Which college are you in?"

Payel uttered her college name and hearing her, Mahin spoke up, "I went to the same college. Okay then we will meet at the restaurant right beside the college and talk in person about how to solve this problem. Okay?"

Uttering, "Okay, Vai.", Payel cut off the line and got back to the library.

Mahin then called Akash. Akash answered the call and uttered, "Mahin? You found some time to call me like really or by mistake it got happened!"

Mahin spoke up while letting out a scoff, "Stop being dramatic, Akash. I was just caught up in my job and besides, it's not like you call me everyday or something."

Akash spoke up in defence then, "Okay, okay. I am sorry. Tell me. Is everything alright?"

Mahin spoke up, "I need you to accompany me to meet a girl this afternoon." only to get Akash being himself running his horse of imagination as he uttered, "I will be there buddy. Just tell me where and when. I am so happy that finally, you decided to meet a girl. You and Arnav were so alike in this matter. I just hated that, you know?"

While thinking this boy will never change, Mahin spoke up, "Yes, I know, Akash. But it's not like what you think."

Akash spoke up confusingly, "Then?"

Mahin uttered, "To help out the girl. She is being" only to get stopped as he heard his mother calling his name. He cut off the line saying, "Buddy, ammi is calling me. Got to go. Will talk later. Meet me at the restaurant right beside our college. I will text you the time. Bye."

Mahin cut off the call and Akash got thinking, "Restaurant right beside college! Anyways I was going to go there in the afternoon as well. Then I will meet Mahin also."

🍁🍁

Arnav's P.O.V.

When we reached home, it was almost afternoon. Seeing me earlier, api smiled heartily. No I guess coming back home earlier that even for Khushi made her happy.

But did I really do that! It was just I had less work today, wasn't it?

I was expecting to get full support from the within.

But it spoke up, "No. It wasn't, Arnav." betraying me.

Letting out a sigh, I got upstairs to get some break as I knew what Api was impatiently waiting to ask me from her expression.

Getting freshen up, I got downstairs finding nothing else to do and sat in the living room with Api and uncle. Vai wasn't home yet.