Ch_1

16 Years Back

Malik Mansion

Zahir Malik, one of the renowned businessman of the town was having his breakfast without bothering to look at the persons who were looking at him with hopeful eyes.

When he was done, he left for his room. He was supposed to have an important meeting. Getting ready, he got downstairs again after having an argument with his wife which had become one of his normal activities since long back.

As soon as Khush, a five year old baby girl who was his daughter caught his sight, she started running after him with a handmade painting in her hand.

"Daddy, luk (Look). I dlaw (draw) this for you."

Without turning to look at her even for once, her father, Zahir Malik left the house.

Running up to the entrance of the house, Khushi turned back inside with tears in her eyes.

Finding her mother on the staircases, she ran again to her, "Mummy..."

When Mrs. Afreen saw her daughter in that state, she got down hurriedly.

Khushi hugged her leg while sobbing.
Mrs. Afreen took her in her arms and sat on a sofa.

"What happened sweetie?"
While saying this she wiped her tears and cupped her small face.

Khushi showed her the painting and said, "I dlaw (draw) this for daddy but he didn't take it."

Mrs. Afreen looked at the painting with a sad smile. She knew why her husband behaved like that but still how could he..!!

She thought he was happy with her that's why she tried to talk to him gaining so much of courage but it didn't even work a single bit.

How could he be like this! Was he the same man before also. Then why didn't she notice this!
She wondered.

While thinking the things, tears also made their way from her eyes.

She came back to reality when Khushi wiped her tears and innocently said, "Don't cry mummy. Coming back, Daddy will take it. It's so butiful(beautiful), isn't it mummy?"

Mrs. Afreen hugged Khushi and said, "It's beautiful, sweetie."

Khushi hugged her mother and patted her back.

Finding her daughter doing that, Mrs. Afreen again started crying silently.

When Khushi was born, Kowshik was 3 years old. Her father showered Kowshik with so much of love and care. But he showed the least of interest in Khushi.

Only her mother loved and cared for her but she left early leaving an innocent little soul behind with her so called family that includes her father and an elder brother who never cared for her a little bit.

She went on craving for their attention and care only to get ignored terribly.

At college, she got a friend, Payel who was more like her sister and cared for her. But Khushi didn't get to share anything about her family with her as she didn't want Payel to think bad of her family.

Payel somewhat knew almost everything as she understood seeing Khushi's condition but couldn't do much about the matter.

Mahmud Mansion

Nothing but crying sound was being heard for the last 2 days in Mahmud mansion.

Areesha, a girl of 13 years old was trying to console her brother, Arnav of 8 years old like a big girl.

Their parents died in an road accident 2 days back leaving the two siblings behind all alone.

Iftekhar Zaman, the best friend of Rehaan Mahmud (Their Father) was trying his best to make them smile but nothing was working.

At night after putting Arnav to sleep, Areesha was standing by the poolside thinking about her parents and crying, when Mr. Zaman went up to her.

She was blankly staring at the sky without paying heed though Mr. Zaman kept calling her name for a while.

He had to leave for London for his business but he also didn't want to leave these siblings behind in that state.

After thinking about the situation, he made up his mind to take them with him.

They were not agreeing with him nonetheless he took them to London with him forcefully so that they could forget their bitter memories and start afresh.

Present Time

Malik Mansion

Khushi prepared the dinner for her family all smilingly with a maid who was staring at her sadly. On the dining table Khushi kept looking every two minutes at the faces of her father and brother only to find out if they liked the food without touching her own food.

But as usual they didn't bothered her existence let alone saying anything to her. Her father gossiped with Kowshik (Khushi's Brother) without turning to her even for once. After eating, they left the dining table.

When his father and brother left the dining table, she also left from there without eating.

Entering her room, she grabbed the photograph of her mother. Hugging tightly the photograph, she laid on her bed.

Tears started flowing from her eyes as she silently screamed, "Why did you leave me, mummy? Why?! I Miss you"

Remaining like that for some good hours, she fell asleep. Tears stain was visible on her cheek. But there was none to wipe that and console her now.

She woke up at Fazar time and after making ablution, she offered her Salat. Then she poured her heart to Allah and kept asking Him to send at least a little ray of hope to her life so that it doesn't remain like a dark and closed room forever.

At the same time in London someone woke up suddenly from his sleep and felt something strange. He couldn't just point out what was it.

Not understanding what to do, he got down from the bed and stood by the window staring at sky while thinking about it.

🏵////******////******////🏵

Assalamu_Alaikum readers.

Hope you are all well by the grace of Almighty ALLAH.

This is the very first chapter of the story.
What do you think of it?

Criticism is welcomed here...

Do votes and comments to let me know....

Stay Safe & Blessed...💕

~Silent_Learner