IX.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

⚠️: Mention of torture

After fleeing the scene Thea and Winter were retrieved at their retrieving location. Winter stood staring aimlessly at nothing meanwhile Thea awaiting the team to come and collect them.

"Bucky..." He mumbled.

Thea simply ignored him as she was currently very frustrated with the outcome of today. She didn't like the fact that things didn't go the way they'd usually go. It was all supposed to end with the mission being completed and she'd get reassigned to another.

"I knew him..." Thea now looking at him.

She could see him genuinely expressing his emotions for the first time. He looked very perplexed and lost as if he knew something but couldn't recall it.

Thea stood in front of him and said "We are soldiers, weapons with nothing else to do in this life but to serve our purpose."

"That is until we are done...but til then we do as we're told." She remembers this phrase word for word as it is told to her every mission.

With that being said a black van pulled up near them meaning it was time to go. Guards sprinkled out quickly dragging the two super soldiers in.

Upon their arrival, they took the two in for a mission report. They were cleared of all their weapons and were placed into the shock therapy room. One guard nudges Thea into the room a little rougher than needed. If looks could kill many people in that room would've been long gone.

Thea sat on a metal table as James was seated in the chair staring blankly at nothing as doctors came in and inspected them.

"Follow the light." One doctor told her as they flashed the light over her dark brown eyes.

"Responsive. Any reported injuries?" The doctor asked.

"No, she's clean." A guard said.

The doctor continued to examine Thea's whole frame for any complications. Meanwhile, James snapped and swung his arm at a doctor launching him into a wall.

All armed guards pointed their weapons at him and Thea who only stood up from her place reacting to the sudden commotion.

"Stand down—" The guard couldn't get his words out before also being launched into the wall by Thea. Right before she could further her actions...

"Thea...that'll be all," Arina said from the entrance alongside Alexander Pierce.

"I let you borrow my stuff Pierce and now it's not working the same..." Arina said motioning for someone to carry out the unconscious guard and doctor. "You should know it's not wise to have her at gunpoint, especially that close. You'll just trigger her muscle memory."