XXXII.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

"The next wave is gonna hit any minute

"The next wave is gonna hit any minute...what do you get Stark?" Steve asked leading civilians to a safer area.

"Well, nothing great, maybe a way to blow up the city...I could keep it from impacting the surface if you guys get cleared." Tony said.

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan..."

"The impact radius is getting bigger every second, I'm gonna have to make a choice..."

"These people are going nowhere, " Thea said as she stood next to Natasha who nods in agreement.

"Stark finds a way to blow up this rock—"

"Not till everyone's safe,"

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there's no math there..." Natasha says.

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it,"

"I didn't say we should leave, " At moments like this Thea would've gagged in disgust or rolled her eyes at their honorable-ness but at the time she couldn't help but respect it as it is.

"There are worst ways to go..." Natasha said glancing at the soldier and winged assassin.

"I don't disagree with that, " Thea told as she did know and could've been gone in the worst of ways.

"Where else am I gonna get a view like this?"

Just as things could get any better a pirate's—I mean—Fury's voice comes into earshot.

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff, it's about to get better," Just then a Helicarrier rose from the clouds stirring loose to the floating city.

"First time I'm relieved to see a carrier, " Thea mumbled.

"Nice right? Pull her out of mothballs, a couple of old friends. She dusty but she'll do,"

"Fury you son of a bitch," Steve said.

"Whoa, you kiss your mother with that mouth, " Flying transport carriers were released and sent over. "This is Shield?" The speedster who had just come by asked.

"This is what shields are supposed to be," Steve said watching the carriers deploy at the edge of the city.

"This is not so bad."Once one landed nearby and everyone got into action. "Let's load 'em up,"

•••••

Boats were filling up at every point of the city ready to be carried back to the Helicarrier.

"I got it...create a heat seal...I can supercharge the spire from below." Tony said balancing a lifeboat.

"A heat seal could work with enough power."