XXVI.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

"The news is loving you guys

"The news is loving you guys..."

After collecting the rest the Avengers and Stark restrain Banner after wrecking half of a nearby city. Everyone on the jet was either traumatized or wasn't affected at all.

"Nobody else is...there's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air," Maria said explaining the outcome of the Hulk's destruction.

"Stark relief foundation?" Tony asked.

"Already on the scene. How's the team? Did you find Thea?" Everyone was scattered around the jet shaken up from what they'd witnessed.

"Everyone's—we took a hit, we'll shake it off and yes we did find Thea," Tony said looking over at the said unconscious lady.

"Well for now I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here."

"So run and hide..." Tony said.

"Until we can find Ultron I don't have a lot else to offer..."

"Neither do we," Tony said ending the call and heading over to Clint.

"Hey, you want to switch out?" Tony asked.

"No, I'm good, if you want to get some rest now's a good time because we're still a few hours out..."

"A few hours from where?"

"A safe house..."

•••••

『THEA』

When I woke I was in the jet laying across the seats with a blanket over me. Immediate regret came when opening my eyes due to the light being shone right above me. I sat up on my elbows gingerly rubbing my head as it was hurting for some reason.

"Need an Advil or something?" I turned my head to Stark who sat right across from me flipping through what appeared to be a manual book.

"That shield packed a wallop—I mean it is the strongest metal on earth. Wouldn't be shocked if you had a concussion let alone a headache." He said putting down the book.

"Ladies and Gents we now arriving at the safe house..." Barton announced. I was thinking maybe an old Abandoned bunker that Shield must've forgotten about. But boy was I wrong...

Right, when we walk out of the jet there was an open grass field and in the midst of it all was a family home with a barn.

Everyone else was ahead while I trailed behind but not far for me to hear Thor ask what most of us were thinking."What is this place?"

"Safehouse?" Stark answered sounding more like a question than an answer.

"Let's hope," Barton said opening up the door and walking in.

"Honey? I'm home" He called out.

It wasn't long before a woman walked out not only holding children's drawings but also a child in her stomach as well. "I brought company..."

"Sorry didn't call ahead." This is very new to me.

"This is an agent of some kind..." Stark said aloud with me slowly nodding my head in agreement seeing the two kiss."Guys this is Laura..."

"I know all your names..." Agent.

Everyone stood around awkwardly as I heard the footsteps of two of which I'm guessing are his children.

"Incoming..." Just as I suspected a little girl and a boy come jumping into Barton's arms hugging him.

"These are smaller agents..." Once again Barton does not cease to be more shocking.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" Auntie. The little girl asked which caught Romanoff's attention.

"Why don't you hug her and find out." She said catching her in a hug as well.

"Sorry for barging in on you..." Said Rogers.

"Yeah, we would've called ahead but we were busy having no idea you existed..."

I couldn't agree more. I thought.

"Yeah well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined I kept it off Shields files and like to keep it that way..." Barton explained.

"I figure it's a good place to lay low..." It made sense of course. A group of destructive individuals hiding away in a family home in the country's great disguise.

I look around the home until I heard a cracking noise which caused me to look down and see that Thor had just stepped on a children's toy. Blondie and I were the only ones that noticed him kicking it under the couch and then giving us a look that said 'You saw nothing carry on.'

I simply looked back at the family interaction going on. A mother. A father. A boy and a little girl. Why does it feel so familiar?

Tears begin to well up in my eyes. What is this feeling? It felt like a pit had sunken in my chest all of a sudden. My breathing began to quicken.

"I will be outside." That was all I said before walking out onto the patio leaning on the rail.

Looking ahead I watched the surroundings catching every detail of it before having the quiet get interrupted by coming footsteps.

Thor comes waltzing out with Rogers trailing behind.

"I saw something in that dream. I need answers I won't find them here." Thor says before launching up into the sky.

Rogers was about to walk back in before pausing with a distraught look on his face before turning back around and walking into the field.

I look over to the barn and the open field and think to myself. So this is where I end up?

878 Words