XXIII.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

『3』

"Where could she have gone?" The group examined her room and concluded that she had been taken by Ultron during their fight.

"How could we not be more cautious?"

Everyone was confused and tensed after the fight with Ultron and the discovered disappearance of Thea and Loki's scepter.

"Great now he has a mind-controlling scepter and a deadly assassin that can teleport..." Rhodey exclaimed about the worsening scenario they were in.

"Well, there are lights in her room that kept her from going anywhere..." Tony said.

"Yeah, the same severely damaged lights hanging out of place by a wire," Rhodey said as Romanoff, Clint, and Tony took a look at the scene their selves.

"There's no way she could even make this hole... these floors by themselves are a thick slab of metal," Natasha said looking around at what was left of the room.

"Seems like he went for anybody present in the building..." They all saw a burnt-out robot laying against the wall.

"Well, at least she put up a good fight..." Tony said gesturing to a broken-off piece of the cot that had a hand imprinted around it lodged into a wall.

"Must've been one hell of a fight..." Natasha said noticing little droplets of blood on the floor.

Thoughts of what went on in this very cell swam through all their minds but were cut short by Steve.

"Well whatever happened doesn't matter at the moment...we need to head to this base and find out for ourselves."

•••••

MANY HOURS EARLIER...

I sat back in my room staring at the blank wall that stood before me. I had woken up from my nap a long time ago because of the music that came from the party. Now it was quiet which meant the party had come to an end long ago.

I enjoyed the silence until I heard a thud.

'What the hell?' I thought.

The ruckus was coming from the door. Usually, when anyone is approaching my room the room they'd enter the door by bypassing the security measures.

Before I could process what exactly was going on blast came from the door knocking everything including me back.

I picked myself to see who or what was responsible for this mess.

Confusion strikes as one of Starks robotic abominations ran in. It stopped to aim its palm at me ready to fire. I quickly moved away from my current position to the other side of the room but that didn't stop it from firing. Most of the shots hit the walls leaving a hole or two. It then charges at me flying and slamming me into the ground. It once again aims its palm at me.