XVIII.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

"Okay so let me get this straight here

"Okay so let me get this straight here..." As of now, Tony has finished explaining to Rhodey why they have a genetically enhanced HYDRA assassin.

"So she's on our side?" He asked.

"Pretty much..." Tony said taking a bite from his sandwich.

"Then afterward what's the plan?" Rhodey which confused Tony.

"What do you mean?" Tony asked.

"Tony she's a Hydra assassin if anything she should be locked up and not—sharing pop-tarts with Thor..."

"You're not wrong but Steve insisted that we didn't because who knew what Hydra would do if they got her back..." Tony said to the colonel.

"And so far she hasn't posed a threat to anyone but we are still on our toes," Rhodey nodded hoping that they knew what they were doing.

"Hope you all know what you're getting yourselves into..." The pair just sat quietly in the lab overlooking the Hydra bases mapped out on the screen.

"Okay, so we've been here—cross that out—and here..." Tony said swiping away raided bases.

While he does that Rhodey glances down at Tony's messy workspace. Aimlessly he came across a framed photo which he then proceeded to pick up.

The frame was pretty antique but what was inside it was a picture of young Tony and his late sister. "Would you look at that?" Rhodey said catching Tony's attention.

"What?" Tony asked. When he looked over at his friend he saw the old frame in his hands.

『TONY』

When we came back from our mission Pepper paid a quick visit. She was at home looking around for something but ended up finding my old junk box where she found the photo.

Flashback

"Tony you shouldn't just toss something like this away in some box." She said meanwhile I'm doing my very best to avoid the item at all costs.

"Told you this before, I'm not one for nostalgia..." I said as I sped up my pace trying to lose her in step.

"But could you throw this out? I mean look at you two you look so happy," She said trying to show me the photo again but I turned away from it.

"Ms. Potts, don't you have a company to run?" She gave me a look before looking at the picture one more time.

"Ignoring the pain is not gonna make it go away..." She said before walking towards the door.