V.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

LOCATION: Secluded Hydra Base

"Mission update Command..."

"Nick Fury has escaped..."

"I asked for an update I'm looking for progression...but this is nothing but an excuse."

"..."

"The soldier has until the end of the day to eliminate Fury, the rest of you may be on your way back..."

"I have someone in particular mind to retrieve the soldier afterward."

"Understood sir, " With that, the Hydra officer made his way down the corridors of the building and stopped in front of the securely locked door.

A retinal scan and handprint scan later the door beeps green popping open. What lay in the room was a slightly chilling temperature and a capsule stationed in the middle of the room. Walking up to the cylinder contraption frosted glass with no clear view of what lays within.

"Send in the girl..."

•••••

『THEA』

'Huh?' As my dark abyss starts to fade what appears to be I'm waking up.

'Time to wake up already?'

Well isn't that something? My eyes shoot open but instantly regret takes its place as I come in contact with a bright light above my face.

'Am I outside?' Sooner than ever my senses come together and the room doesn't seem to be blinded anymore. I could hear voices and feet shuffling instead of an annoying ring in my ears.

"Rise Soldier." A man said and instantly I jumped up and out of my freezing cocoon.

I looked and saw that the owner of the voice was a blonde guy at least in his late 50s dressed in a suit. He stares at me with what seems to be amusement and I stare back blankly wondering.

'Who is he? Where's Dr. Zola?'

"I've heard stories and thought it all as a myth but this is truly incredible..." He exclaimed.

I just stood there in the same stance unsurprisingly I haven't blinked not once yet.

He strolled around as if he would find something out of place about me. But he steps back into place from his unsuccessful search which left him still astonished. "Hydras blessing from the Arina Zola..."

"Alexander, are you going to stand there in awe about my works, or are you going to put it to some use?" Right on queue Arina Zola waltz in dressed in a light blue blouse and black slacks with clanking heels.

She looked the same as the last time I had seen her but with a wrinkle here and there along with a streak of gray hair.

"Well glad you could join us Arina, but we've already started getting down to business..." I look between both slowly.

"You are going to be placed as a backup for the Winter Soldier and you are not to engage with or pursue his target..." I nodded stiffly.

"Also you are not to be seen by anyone at all. I don't want any of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents to have more information on you than they already do." Dr. Zola said.

I simply nodded again as I was led down a hallway by a squadron of Hydra guards on both sides of me. Soon I entered a room where my gear was laid out already. Everything was cleaned and upgraded to a more advanced standard of technology. I was quickly fitted into my gear consisting of an all-black outfit consisting of cargo pants, a buckled vest over a long-sleeve shirt, combat boots, gun holsters, and gloves.

My hair was tied hair into a low bun before they gave me the current location of where the soldier was positioned and I instantly went through the shadows.

•••••

I have reached my destination I see that I'm about a couple of buildings away from the building he was now on.

Instead of making my presence known by walking closer, I sit back and watch as he ready his gun to shoot instead. Not long after I hear shots being fired, guessing he's done his part, and now it's my turn.

With my enhanced sight I could see him running as faint crashes of noise followed him. Someone managed to tail him during his getaway.

Right after he rolls onto the next being his pursuer comes smashing through a window. He's a strong-built blond man with a shield.

When he stood up he flung his shield at the soldier who was then immediately caught with his metal arm. Right then and there he swings it back at the man hitting his abdomen. I quickly sink into the shadows and then grab the soldier from the shadows underneath him by his ankles swiftly dragging him down in a matter of seconds.

We then show up in an alley far away from the previous location. The glare he was giving me was deadly but what's new?

There isn't one thing I find intimidating about him. But we have a business elsewhere so I reach my hand out to grab his arm but he moves back.

Stubborn man...

"Вы бы предпочли гулять?" (Would you rather walk?) I said in a monotone because I would like to know so I can go to our next destination myself. We're already done our part so I don't want to waste time because a 6ft whatever doesn't like traveling in the shadows.

He then moves back into his previous stance so I take that as a no and grab him by the forearm walking together in the shadows.

905 words