XVI.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

"FRIENDS I HAVE RETURNED!!!"

Thea stood near the entrance of the room staring at the loud god of thunder who entered from outside looking around the room expecting his colleagues but came up empty.

"I'm sure this is the right building..."

Thor stood confused as he thought after his time with his lady Jane that he'd come to see his fellow Avengers after so long. But he got more confused when his sight landed on Thea who was looking back at him.

"Uh, you wouldn't happen to know if the Avengers are around?" He awkwardly asked.

Thea just stared at him still confused at how he could casually ask her questions as if he didn't just drop from the sky.

"What are you?" Thea asked.

'He looks human but I'm positive he's nothing of the sort,' Thea thought.

"Me? I am Thor son of Odin."

Thea just tilted her head realizing she was talking to the god they spoke of from time to time. Everything about him was loud and stood out. Fit the description perfectly.

"And you are...?" He trailed off trying to recall who she is knowing he's never even met her.

"Thea..."

"Ah yes! Thea from—" He trailed off looking up.

"I don't remember ever meeting you..." Thea remained at her far distance from the Asgardian as he went about his day.

"Oh of course I knew that." He said relieved.

"Well, Lady Thea why are you here? Are you a recruit?" He asked.

"You could say that..." She shrugged slowly walking near the bar too.

"Ah very well, welcome to the team..." Thor gradually walks towards her with his hand intending to give her a welcoming handshake.

But Thea failed to see his gesture as friendly...

When he came into a close enough proximity Thea instinctively kicked in his knee and kicked him off balance.

Thor was laid out on the floor groaning in pain.

"You...are...quite the fighter," He grunted while he slowly got back on his feet.

"For someone of your stature, you hit a lot harder than expected..." Thea just stood there once again distanced not knowing what to do.

Thor just brushed off what occurred and went over to Tony's bar searching around.

"You wouldn't happen to know where Stark holds the orange mead which he calls Scotch by any chance?" He asked.

"No—"

"AH!! HERE WE ARE!!" Thor boomed holding up the bottle in triumph. Thea just silently observed him open the bottle with ease and pours himself a mug full.

"You're not human..." Thea voiced her thinking out loud.

"Well of course I am not of your world, Midgardians such as yourself are quite tiny. I am from Asgard..."

Thea eyebrows furrowed when nothing came to mind when hearing the name. But that's when it hit her...

"I am not tiny..."

•••••

"First order of business is to look for Loki's scepter, I know for a fact Hydra wasn't gonna keep it locked up for safekeeping," Steve said as everyone sat around the conference room.

"We should wait for Thor to pop in and he can take it back to Asgard," Tony said.

"A lot more secured there than here..."

"Let's hope it's soon cause the guy shows up from time to time and doesn't exactly have a cell on him," Clint said.

"Or any form of contact whatsoever..." Natasha added.

At that moment sudden sounds of thunder came from outside.

"They didn't mention anything about a thunderstorm..." They all look at each other before getting up and making their way to the main floor.

They were met with a sight they never thought they'd see...

Thea and Thor sitting on the couch eat in pop tarts and sipping Scotch from an ungodly large glass beer mug.

"Look who crawled out of her cave..." Natasha said smirking crossing her arms and looking at the two.

They were so invested in the boxed treat that they just noticed the five others in the room.

"Ah, friends it's a pleasure to see you all again."

"Glad to have you back Thor—" Steve said but was cut off by Tony. "Is that my scotch?"

"We see you've met Thea and seem to be getting along well," Natasha said.

"Yes I'd say we'd be the greatest of friends," Thor said patting Thea's shoulder which had a lot more force than normal nearly sending her out of her seat.

"So you're just gonna continue drinking my limited edition expensive scotch...with pop tarts," Tony said still staring at the nearly emptied bottle.

"Tony it's just Scotch..." Bruce said.

"The expensive kind..." Tony retorted,

"You're a billionaire, everything in that bar is the expensive kind," Clint said picking up the bottle and drinking what was left.

Clint scrunch his face as he took in the hard liquor meanwhile Thor and Thea finished off their mug as if it were water.

"In any drinking game, I'll have my money on you two and Cap," Clint said.

"Alright now that we're all here we can start preparing now that he's here..." Steve said.

A/N: This is a little short compared to other chapters and from its original plot...

863 words