XXXIX.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

LAGOS, NIGERIA

"Alright, what do you see?"

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street...It's a good target."

Currently, the group was stationed in Lagos, Nigeria scoping out for any sign of Brock Rumlow. Wanda and Natasha were seated at a table blending in with the tourist. Steve was watching from a building window, Sam and Thea were on a roof.

"Theirs an Atm on the south corner which means..."

"Cameras..."

"Both cross streets are one way, so compromised escape routes." Steve and Wanda were going into detail about the task.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out."

"Take a look at the Range Rover," Thea said.

"The one near the red one? It's cute." Wanda said sipping her tea.

"It's also bulletproof which means private security which also means more guns—" Natasha said.

"Which means more headaches for somebody probably us," Thea added, sighing as she observed the ground.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind right," Wanda stated.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature," Natasha says.

"Anybody tell you, you're a little paranoid..." Sam asked standing alongside Thea watching below as well.

"Not to my face, why did you hear something?" Natasha asked.

"Eyes on target folks, this is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months, I don't want to lose him..." Steve said getting everyone back on track.

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem, he kinda hates us," Sam said reassuringly earning a nod from Thea. "Especially you Rogers," Thea added.

"Sam you see that garbage truck—"

"The big one with the terrible driver?" Thea stated, watching it bump into other cars and produce being thrown at it.

"Yeah, tag it." Sam launched Redwing lowering it under the truck and doing a brief X-ray scan.

"That truck is loaded for max weight and the drivers are armed..."

"It's a battering room..."

"Go now..." Steve said.

"Why?" Sam asked.

"He's not hitting the police."

『THEA』

It was time to head in, Wilson had already jumped off flying. I head on through the shadows showing up at the location where I immediately got into fighting. I didn't need powers to go at it with these guys.

"Body armor, AR-15s..."

"7 hostiles..." I said dropping one of them from a chokehold. Soon Wilson and Wanda came into the scene as well with Wilson taking out four and Wanda handling the fifth one.

"Rumlow's on the third floor. " Wilson said.

"Wanda just like we practiced," Rogers said.

"What about the gas?" Wanda asked.

"Get it out."

"The ground can be your landing mat this time..." Thea said looking around.

"The one time I land on you, " Steve mumbled before Wanda lifted him to the third floor.

Wilson and I stayed on the ground covering Wanda as she was removing the gas from the building. Wilson of course takes out the three taking cover behind the cars.

"Rumlow has a biological weapon," Rogers said.

"I'm on it," Romanoff says.

"Careful he can be very—"

I paused what I was doing when I sensed a very familiar presence nearby. The familiarity of it was enough to make my whole demeanor change.

"Thea? You alright?" Wilson who I'm guessing caught onto my behavior. "I'm fine. I'll be right back, I have to see something..." I told him.

Without another thought, I made sure to plug my ears before phasing away into the shadows where I was met at the back of a building close by.

At this point, it was too good to be true. Of all the possible encounters that I had expected to happen in the further future but it just so happened that it'd occur today.

I edged closer nearing the door as it popped open. Never did I think I just so conveniently have a run-in...with her.

Just as the door swung open an aged brunette in a tight bun in light tactical gear and a lab coat comes out. I knew her like the back of my hand.

"For a second I thought you've lost your sense of sensory..." Luckily I knew how to read lips as the earplugs canceled all noises.

She turned and faced me with a smile.

The same smile that haunted me while I'm asleep and awake.

It was none other than Arina Zola...

753 words