XIX

☀︎

☀︎

FLASHBACK

"Last night a horrible tragedy had accrued..."

The day...

"Three bodies were discovered from a car accident late last night. Investigators have identified the body as none other than the Legendary Weapons developer Howard Stark..."

I am most regretful of...

"Along with his wife Maria and their 12-year-old daughter Emilia Stark."

The day I lost not only my parents but my little sister...

"The nation mourns the loss of the patriot and his loving wife and daughter..." It was all over the paper and the news...

I couldn't do anything about their deaths but yours...I could've prevented it. I could've done something. It was my fault.

If I had known that that was the last time would ever see you again...

I should've just said yes...

Yet I couldn't even say bye because I was stuck on something so petty.

"I'm sorry for your loss Mr. Stark ." The detectives and everyone else told me.

They brought me your favorite bunny that you took with you in an evidence bag. I held it for a moment staring down at it as the cop car pulled away. Why...

I wish it was some twisted nightmare I'm having and woke up to Mom calling me or Dad nagging me or your stomping feet.

But I was stuck facing reality...

Sometimes I'd accidentally call out for you guys before I realized I'll never get a response back. All the laughs, cries, and smiles you made were on replay in my head every time I closed my eyes for even a second. I hoped to find at least one thing out of place in your room but everything just collected dust and remained untouched.

The worst part of it all was the sudden emptiness and sadness that came over me every time I thought of you guys or even saw a reminder that you were gone. Some of my so-called friends started wondering how much inheritance I got. So I told them to get lost...

The funeral had what I hoped was a great service since I decided not to go.

It was a private ceremony and tribute to the old man's patriotism from back in the day. I swore to Jarvis I would be there for the burial but I was too busy finishing half a bottle of whiskey at home.

I'd drink until I couldn't feel anymore or tried to feel anything other than sadness and loneliness.

I packed up all of your stuff and buried it in the darkest places I could find in the house or the company. I just couldn't look at it anymore.

I took one last look at the house.

"Bye, Anthony..." Echoed in my head before I got in my car and sped off.

No more memories and No more crying.

471 words