XXI.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎

"Are you sure he's gonna be okay?" Natasha stood watching as her friend's wound is being patched up by Dr

"Are you sure he's gonna be okay?" Natasha stood watching as her friend's wound is being patched up by Dr. Cho's machine.

"Pretending to need this guy brings the team together," She said smirking at her remark.

"There's no possibility of deterioration. The nanomolecular functionality is instantaneous."
Dr. Cho replied.

"His cells don't know their bonding into them."

"She's creating tissue, " Bruce said enthusiastically.

"If you brought him to my lab the regeneration cradle could do this in 20 minutes, " Dr. Cho stated as Tony comes walking in with a tray of drinks. "Oh he's flatlining, call it. Time?"

"No no no, I'm gonna live forever. I'm gonna be made of plastic." Clint said accepting a drink from Tony.

"You'll be made of you Mr. Barton, your girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference." Dr. Cho said.

"I don't have a Girlfriend," Clint says while taking a sip of his drink.

"That I can't fix." Dr. Cho said walking back over to the desk.

"This is the next thing Tony, your clunky metal suites are gonna be left in the dust."

"That is exactly the plan and Hel I expect to see you at the party on Saturday."

"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties..." Dr. Cho says pausing for a casual moment. "Will Thor be there?"

"And if he is would it by any chance change your mind?" Tony said raising his eyebrow.

"I-I guess it wouldn't hurt to go then..." Dr. Cho said lowering her head in an attempt to hide her flushed face.

"Problem solved," Tony said triumphantly taking a sip of his drink.

"Okay everything should be situated and settled for tomorrow and the invitation has been sent out," Maria said walking in.

"Is Pepper coming?" Natasha asked.

"Nope, she's a bit busy at the moment but she sends her kudos," Tony says.

"What about you Clint got anyone special coming?" Clint shook his head as he and Nat sent each other a look that went unnoticed by the two.

•••••

『𝚃𝙷𝙴𝙰』

No.

No

No

No

No.

"You've disappointed me for the last time."

No.

"Look at what she's cost us!!"

It's not my fault.

It wasn't me.

"Honey, are you okay?"

What?

"Another nightmare?"

'Who is this?'

"Don't worry your okay. Just go back to bed."

'It was just a dream...' I thought.

When I opened my eyes my vision was blurry and I could barely see my surroundings.

My face felt wet. Are these tears? Have I been crying?

I roughly wipe away the liquid from my sight before I sat up from my bed.

"You alright?"

My eye flicked over to the voice which belonged to none other than Stark who was standing at the doorway.

"Were you crying just now?" He asked gesturing to the possible tear stains that were present.

"What do you want?" I asked avoiding his questions. He walked further into the room with his arms crossed.

"Well here's your food..." He said handing me yet another bag of what they call 'Takeout'.

"Today's menu is pepperoni, from the pizzeria down the street." He said walking out of the room and closing the door behind him.

I open the bag and pull out its contents.

"This'll be interesting..." I took a sniff before taking a bite into it.

But that dream seemed oddly familiar to me yet I don't know where I've heard that from.
I find it impossible for it to have been from someone from Hydra of all places saying words like Honey. The voice made me feel some warmth inside in a satisfying way.

"Thea?" I looked over at Romanoff who I hadn't noticed walk in.

"Tony is throwing a party Saturday. We're rolling the dice on trusting you to stay put and if you need anything call Jarvis..." She said and nodded my head waiting for her to leave however she pauses.

"Y'know you could come too..." I eyed her suspiciously wanting to know what she was thinking.

"What?" I said looking at the redhead as if she said the most ridiculous thing.

"You know your dress size? Doubt they ever had to get all dolled up at least once..." She says walking further into the room as she made herself comfortable on my bed.

I once again look at her strangely. "What is your goal here Widow?" I asked her distancing myself.

"You've been with us for about a year now. I was waiting for the moment you'd ever try anything but the moment never came. I'm beginning to see that you aren't exactly a threat however you're still someone to worry about." She said.

"I do not 'get dolled up,"

784 Words