XXXVIII.

☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎︎☀︎︎☁︎

"What the hell is going on in here?"

Thea sat in a daze breathing heavily while Wanda was on the floor stunned with a small headache.

Vision went to Wanda's aid bringing her off the floor and on her feet, when he got a good look at her face he found tears in her eyes.

"Wanda, what's happened?" He asked.

Wanda looked down at the ground with a look of distress before looking back at Thea. A tear slipped out of Maximoff's eye. "I-I'm s-so sorry that happened to you..." She said grasping Thea's hands to give some form of comfort.

"Okay, how about we start this discussion, outside of Thea's room, "

•••••

Tony was complaining about the blackout since Thea practically sucked up all the energy in the building but luckily there is a backup generator.

"Thea, why did you ask Wanda to look in your head?" Natasha asked the question which was also on the mind of the other as well.

Thea sat on the arm of the couch with her arms crossed contemplating whether or not she should tell them about her dreams.

"Is this about your sleepwalking?" Steve asked which caught everyone's attention.

"Sleepwalking?" Tony questioned.

"Is that why she's always tired at training?" Natasha questioned.

"Thea if your having trouble sleeping you should've told us—" Thea groaned pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration.

"It wasn't a problem at the start but then I woke ," she said.

"So what exactly made it a problem?"

"When I woke up falling off a building..." Thea muttered. "Before I would wake up in random places in the compound—"

"Are you seeing the risk of this? especially if you're teleporting in your sleep," Tony said earning a nod from the others.

"Yeah, this is dangerous even for you. To be wandering place completely unconscious puts a real target on your back." Natasha added.

Thea sighed and got to explain. "I've been having dreams about HYDRA...everyone says 'Your free now, you get to make your own choices now Thea.' but yet I still feel like they still have some hold on me..."

The three sat slightly shocked and focused on the moment of vulnerability Thea was having.

"My dreams are mostly memories that feel like I'm reliving all over again, but then I see her..." She said leaving out the fact that she ends up following a random little girl who's in most of her sleepwalking nights.

"Whose her?" Steve asked. Thea remained silent for a moment.

"Thea we want to help you, and we can't if you don't tell us everything," Natasha stated.

Thea sighed before continuing."The one I listened to... A-Arina...Arina Zola,"

"Zola? Like Arnim Zola?" Steve asked.

"She is his daughter..."

"Zola had a kid?" Natasha said borrowing his eyebrows.

"Adopted," Thea stated because who would do the things with Arnim...

"And I'm sure she is still alive too..." The room was silent before Tony broke it.

"Okay I don't know how we're gonna deal with the night terrors but I'm sure I could wipe up a nice nightlight for your teleporting sleepwalking-ish you got going on."

"Yeah and if it makes it any better we could track down Arina and bring her in..." Steve said.

"And if you wanna talk, feel free to do so...emotions look good on you," Natasha said earning a glare from Thea as she smirked.

•••••

After that whole event, both Wanda and Thea agreed not to do that again as it did put a big strain on Wanda. Tony enforced a sleepwalking protocol on Friday with some modifications to Thea's room as well. So the past months have been decent for the group—"Guys we've got a mission!!"

Well until this...

Natasha walked in with a tablet in hand reading out the description. "Rumlow has been spotted somewhere in Lagos, Nigeria."

Steve looked over to the group. "Sam, Thea, Wanda, suit up you're with us."

The four nodded and went to get ready.

At the quinjet, it was Natasha and Thea who were the first ones ready. "Maybe you know who will be there too...you can then finally leave her and all of it behind, " Natasha said packing supplies away in the jet.

"That's a small possibility, Romanoff," Thea said arranging her utility belt. "Even if Arina was there she made me so she'll have her advantages..."

"Well then if you were to go against her in a fight what would she do?"

Thea thought for a moment before looking over to Romanoff. "Do you by any chance have earplugs?" Natasha tilted her head at the random request. "Earplugs?"

"Yes earplugs Romanoff, do you have any?" Natasha searched around the compartments of the jet until she conveniently came across a pair of earplugs. She handed them over to Thea a little confused but not questioning a thing at all.

"If you don't mind me asking why are you putting in earplugs when we're headed into a fight?"

"Well, if she's gonna be there then I have ready, right?" Thea said. Natasha just nodded before heading to the front when right on cue the rest of the squad came walking in.

"You guys done powdering your noses for Rumlow?" Natasha said.

"We're not late you guys are just early," Sam said walking in.

"Alright team, let's go," Steve said.

897 words