Chapter 25 - Betrayal

You woke up the next morning, feeling a second of peace before you remembered everything that happened last night. You got out of bed and walked to your closet. You pulled out a leather skirt that hit your mid-thigh and a satin lilac button up. You wanted to look sexy today, part of you wanting Spencer to see you and think about what he gave up.

You began to change and do your makeup, opting for a simple blush and mascara. You added some mini silver hoops and put your hair in a low bun with a middle part. You finished up and walked out the door, absolutely dreading the fact that you had to pretend to be all sunshine and rainbows in front of the team.

You got to the BAU, getting there before anyone today. Well everyone except Hotch, you waved him a hello and proceeded to go to your desk. He walked out of his office and announced to you from the stairs that we had a case and let everyone know as they walked in. You nodded and waited for them to arrive.

One by one, you let them know about the case, well except for Spencer. You told Morgan to let him know what was up. That still didn't stop you from staring at him as he walked in, he caught you in the act as he turned to look at you too.

You were all waiting for Penny at the round table, staying quiet as you heard Emily talk about the date she had last night. You could feel the tension in the room as she spoke, you and Reid didnt sit next to each other like always. Morgan gladly pointed it out and made you extremely uncomfortable.

Everyone stopped talking as you heard the clacking of Garcias heels.

"Hello, my lovelies! Today we are going to Pennsylvania. Specifically, Philadelphia" she said as she pressed the button to show us 4 victims.

"Unfortunately, 4 victims have been found right outside the gates of the Radley Sanitarium. They were all found with their mouths um, sewn shut."

She proceeded to show us the graphic pictures of the victims, making you feel sick to your stomach.

"Our first victim was named Mitski Lozano, she was a patient at the sanitarium for three years and was 18" she said clearing her throat.

"Next we have Matthew Moore, he was 23 and had been there for 4 years. Then we have Jeanie Song, she was 30 and had been in there for 10 years. And lastly, we have Johny Cox. He was 12 and had been in there for two weeks" she finished, you could feel how her energy was completely drained after just describing the victims.

"They were all patients in the sanitarium then?" you asked looking at the file. "We might be looking for a mentally ill serial killer."

"Aren't they all?" said Emily with a laugh, you gave her a quick grin and continued with your theory.

"Well yeah, but what I mean is that maybe it could be one of the patients?"

"Well, it could be. But I know for sure this unsub doenst have a preference. Look at their victims. We have hispanic, white, african american, and asian." said Rossi staring at the file attentively.

"Maybe because they dont get to choose them, they go for whatever is available. Hmm, has anyone talked to the families yet?" asked Spencer, making you roll your eyes as you heard that stupid little voice of his.

"Uh, no."

"Well, guess we will have to talk to them" Hotch said as he stood up, walking towards the door.

"Wheels Up in 30."
—————————————

We got to the police station in Philadelphia, making your way in you saw a familiar face.

"Detective Chalamet!" said Hotchner walking towards him and giving him a handshake. He did the same as the last time you saw him, he shook everyones hands and stopped when he saw you omce again.