Chapter 3 -Butterflies

If you dont recognize this case thats because i was inspired by one of my favorite books instead of the show itself so hope you like it🙈✨

"Okay guys, lets begin!", says JJ.

"Today we are going to Manhattan, New York. Three women have been kidnapped, kept hostage until their 21st birthday, and were stabbed in the heart." She continues," First we have Arabella Juarez, she was taken when she was 16 after working a shift at the restaurant she worked at. Then we have Amber and Isabel Walker, they were 12 and 15. They were taken from their front yard when their mother wasnt looking."

You look at the photos almost wanting to cover your eyes with your hands as Agent Morgan decided to speak. "Well, Arabella is hispanic and the Walker sisters were white. So, they obviously dont have a preference."

"Maybe its not about the kill ,but about the time they spend with them while kept hostage", says Agent David Rossi. He was one of the only people who knew how you got the job here. So you were trying to get on his good side so he wouldnt spill the beans out of pure hatred. He didnt seem like that type of man, but after what youve been through trust isnt a part of your vocabulary.

"Thats not all unfortunately",says JJ with a sigh. "Apart from being kidnapped and stabbed, they were also given "wings"". We all looked at her with a confused look on our faces until she showed us the next slide. The unsub had tattoed a pair of butterfly wings on each of the girls backs. This was their signature and the only reason the cops connected these murders together and the fact two of the girls were related.

"Okay team, we'll go over more on the plane. Wheels up in 30."
———————-

At first you thought you were not going to be in the field with being the tech analyst assistant and all, but as Hotch learned that you were actually studying to become a profiler, he decided you could come along this time just as a little sneak peek to what they have to go through while on a case.

At first it sounded fun, until you realised you had to go into the monstrosity they called a jet. You almost threw up at the fact of even stepping near it. Spencer walked up to you on the way to the elevator and  attempted small talk, "So is this going to be your first time on a plane?" You look at him with the most terrified look on your face, " Doctor Spencer, this would be my third time on any aircraft and I actually fainted on the first two." He laughed and put a hand on your shoulder, " Dont worry Y/N, you'll be fine."

The small action made you blush. He lingered a little longer than he had to and let go all together. Already missing his hand on your shoulder, you walked into the elevator with him.
——————-

You got into the plane successfully without fainting, which you were very proud of . You sat right in front of Morgan and Rossi, which left a seat empty right n ext to you. As you planned, Spencer took it and you guys started to read your files quietly. Breaking  the silence Spencer said , "Huh, notice how they are all different species of butterfly."

" There are over  17,500 species of them and here we have Swallowtail, Pieridae, and Gossamer wings. He definitely has an infatuation with the insect." You look at him in amazement at the fact he got that out of the top of his head, "Woah, do you just remember that like its your social security number?".

He smiles at you with a visible blush to his cheeks, " Uh, yeah, i have an eidetic memory." Your jaw drops to the floor in amazement, " Holy crap thats really cool.", you say loud enough so only he can hear .
As the jet ride went on, you had your little i want to throw up moment but it all went smoothly for the most part. You and Morgan had started to bond over your love of baseball , and Rossi started to give tips and tricks on how to cook pasta which you definitely wrote down.

That jet ride was definitely something you didnt expect to have to face on your first day on the job, but you were very proud of yourself that you didnt faint this time. As you made it off the plane, Hotch started to pair everyone up and gave them their assignments. "Okay so, JJ you are with me. Rossi, Morgan, and Prentiss, go talk to the families. Finally, Reid and Y/L/N, go to the station and start the geographical profile."

As you made it to the station, you and Reid introduced yourself to some of the officers there and they led you to a private room so you could work on the profile in peace

Realizing that you had never done one before, you just decided to watch Reid go to town and made sure you paid attention to what he was doing. You had always been a visual learner. After a while though, Spencer turned to you with his big hazel eyes and said, " Are you gonna stare at me the whole time or do you want me to explain what im doing, Agent ?".

Deciding to be a tease you said, " Dont mind me Dr, Reid, just enjoying the view." You continue, " but i guess if you want to explain to me what your doing so I dont look like a fool to the boss, then by all means."

He just laughs at your comment, which made you think he wasnt interested in flirting back. The rest of the day he just taught you how to make the profile and filled you up with facts before the team got to the station.

Hours later, the team came back with a lead.
A socialite named Timothee Davidson who had a very known obsession with butterflies, even going as far as naming his charity after the insect. It was brought to light that all three of the girls attended one of his charity balls and were chosen by him there. Arabella was the waitress at the restaurant he had the event in and the Walker sisters attended one of them with their parents.

He had a record too, which peeked everyone's interests. Apparently Mr. Davidson had a reputation of calling woman he would stalk his butterflies in letters written to them. This was enough for Hotch to want to bring him in for questioning.

After a couple of hours, Mr.Davidson was found in his mansion and everything seemed normal. Little did we know though he had built a wall between the house and the rooms he kept his "butterflies" in. Rossi noticed he had button on his wall, which he asked specifically that no one presses it. He thought it was suspicious, so he did what his gut told him to do and pushed the button.

After that the "wall" started to lift, revealing a whole new set of bedrooms and an office. We found 13 girls, all raging from the ages of 8 to 20. In the office we also found the most disturbing things.

Apparently, If one of this mans "butterflies" died young or ever tried to run away, he would incase them in resin to preserve them as long as he could, just like you would a butterfly.
—————————
I really got distracted by the case aspect om this one i promise more spence and y/n on the next chapter lmao