Chapter 29 - After Life

Y/Ns POV

Three months ago...

You woke up to the horrid sounds of the hospital machines beeping along side you. Your body aching as you tried to adjust your eyes to the bright lights of the room.

They had been going on for days on end as you tried to recover from the injuries Lindsey inflicted on you.

You had been in the hospital for almost a week now, slowly growing resentful of Hotchner as he decided what your future would consist of. You understood that he was doing it to protect you, and the team for that matter. But you couldn't help yourself from being absolutely furious.

When Hotch let you know about his genius plan to fake your death, you instantly refused. It was too late though, he had already spread the news. You spent the last 5 days crying and throwing tantrums about how you wanted to go back. Back to the times you didnt know Cat, when you would just go on bike rides with your friends and talk about boys and live in absolute ignorance of how awful the world truly was.

You then thought about Spencer, that beautiful son of a bitch. You were still angry at him for what he did, but you still loved him as deeply as ever. It's not like it mattered though, you were dead to him. Like literally....

"Mia ragazza, you have finally awoken from your slumber" you heard Rossi exclaim dramatically as he walked into your room. He had been there ever since you woke up all drugged up and confused. He had truly been your rock during these trying times.

"Rossi! Thank god you are here!" you responded with a smile. "How are all my babies?"

"They are.... they are hanging in there" he responded, leaving behind the enthusiasm that he walked into the room with.

"I wish I could've at least said goodbye" you whispered, tears threatening to come out of your tired eyes.

"I know, amore mio. But this is the way it must be."

"Do you think I'll ever get to see them again?"

"Of course I do!" he cooed as he brought his hands up to your face. "I will make sure of it!"

"Okay" you replied while crying but plastering a smile on your face. "So, anything new?"

"Uh, yes actually, but its not about Lindsey Vaughn."

"Okay, go ahead."

"Since you have been showing real progress with your recovery, Hotchner has given the okay to finally airlift you to Venice. You will be able to finish your recovery there, and after that we will discuss your relocation" he spoke seriously now, giving you chills as they had already planned everything out in just a week.

"Woah, anything else from the big boss man" you responded sarcastically, you didn't want to leave Virginia. You felt comfort from at least being in the same state that your closest friends were in.

"Y/N, you know he's only doing this to protect you" Rossi said scolding you now. You did know that though, you absolutely knew that he was just doing it for your own good.

"Yes... I know" you replied regretting how you were blaming him for trying to help. "So, when do I leave?"

"Well, today...."

"Today! Rossi im not ready!" you screamed loud enough that you were sure the rest of the hospital had heard you.

"Im sorry Y/N! But you must leave as soon as possible to ensure your safety" he said as he held onto your hand. "Don't worry doll, I'll accompany you the whole way there. Okay..."