Chapter 5 - Killer Cupid

Little time jump for ya to get things goin'
Very excited to see where it goes i still have no idea what im doing but i might finally include some smut in these coming chapters soo look out for that ahah
Xoxo, M
——————————
1 year later...

Today will mark 1 year since you joined the BAU and you were so freaking proud of yourself. Surprisingly, you made it a year without fucking anything up and actually done great at your job.

You grew very close to the rest of the BAU team members during this time , and now consider them very close friends. You might even go as far to call them your family.

It felt good to be part of something special. You had already been part of a team before but that was more for survival reasons that anything else.

You've never had people who genuinely care about you and what you had to say. You felt... not even needed but considered. Your opinion mattered and thats everything you've ever wanted.

Getting close with the team didnt take long. It started with little outings to the club, being invited to girls night, then saturday night dinners at Rossi's mansion, and finally almost getting killed every time you went out in the field.

You especially became very close to Spencer. He was now your best friend and did almost everything together.

You even had a tradition of hanging out every sunday ,which consisted of trips to the museum, the movies, dancing lessons, or just self care time to destress from a case.

Everything was going great for the first time ever, which made you really uneasy. Life has always been somewhat turbulent. Ever since you were 17, you were used to everything going wrong, but you were about to change that mentality. Life was good, you had your friends and your job and a sense of happiness all around you.

So when you woke up that morning of your 1 year anniversary on the job, you were nothing but smiles.

Waking up a little before your alarm went off, you walked into your bathroom to brush your teeth and take a shower. After you finished brushing your teeth, you took off your clothe and started preparing the shower, savoring the extra time you had because of waking up earlier. Walking into the shower, you let the warm water hit you, feeling more and more relaxed as you start to apply shampoo into your hand and massage your head with it. After using conditioner, you decided on using your warm vanilla sugar scrub and body wash, making your bathroom smell like a sweet vanilla cupcake.

Once you finished, you stepped out of your shower quickly wrapping a towel around you and squeezing your hair to prevent it from being dripping wet. You dried off and walked to your room and made the way into your closet.

You wanted to look extra hot today, so you opted for some black high waisted trousers and a red tank top. For makeup, you did puppy dog eyeliner and mascara, with some pretty pink lipgloss. As to your hair, you opted for a low bun with a middle part with some hair strands framing your face. Completing your look you added a black fitted blazer on top and some gold jewelry. You kept it simple with the shoes, choosing a closed toe heel so you wouldn't be in pain after all the walking as the day went on.

As you got into your car you checked yourself out in the mirror, feeling confident and hot as you admired yourself. You started to back up from your parking spot and made your way to Spencers apartment.

You got there and saw him standing awkwardly by the parking lot, holding his satchel really tight as if someone were to steal it from him. You drove up to him and lowered your window and screamed, " Get in loser, we're going shopping!".

He walked up to the car with a confused looks on his face. " What, we cant miss work we have a case.", he says with his voice sounding genuinely concerned. You just roll your eyes at him and smile, of course he doesnt understand that reference. You make a mental note that the next movie night your making him watch Mean Girls.

As he gets into the car he stares at you for a little too long. You turn to him and ask what his deal was, he knew that staring made you uncomfortable.

"Nothing, you just look really nice today. Not that you dont look nice everyday but you know today you look extra good.", he says nervously. You just laugh at how nervous he gets when complimenting you and smile at him. "Thanks cutie", you say as you start the car again.

You finally get to the FBI building and both make your way to the round table. To your suprise, the room was dark and unlocked but no one was inside. You made your way to open the door and turn on the light.

As soon as you turned on the light, you hear multiple people yell out, "SUPRISE". Turns out the team also remembered your anniversary which honestly brought tears to your eyes.

Jumping back in shock you bumped into Spencer who whispered in your ear, "Happy 1 year, newbie." You turned to him and mouthed a thank you, while the rest of the team went up to you for a hug.

You had never felt so loved by a group of people ever before and you were so grateful for this moment and this memory you got to experience.

After a while of celebrating with cake and a glass of champagne, Hotch walked into the room. "Sorry to break up the celebration guys ,but we have a serial killer in San Francisco to catch. ", he says with a dominating tone.

We all sit down on the round table and start to look at the victims and evidence we have so far.

Unfortunately, there wasn't much to work with. The only thing we knew about the unsub was that he only striked on Valentines Day and kidnapped couples in their early 20s who went to dinner at a restaurant called "Hot Air".

He would abduct his victims and keep them for the rest of Valentines night and kill them by ripping their hearts out. This made the media call him the "Killer Cupid."Very cliché in your opinion, but you digress.

We also know that he has been following this ritual of his for 6 years, and we dont think this year is any different. We have approximately one week to catch him before he goes M.I.A. for yet another year.

As you get into the jet, Hotch calls all of you over to explain his plan for the case.

"Okay team, i have been thinking a lot about how we will catch this unsub. I believe that the best way to catch him is if two of us go undercover as a couple."

You look around to see which one of these suckers is gonna have to become unsub bait, when you suddenly hear Hotch calling your name.

"Y/N", he says trying to get your attention. "Congratulations, you will do your first undercover case. Oh! And Reid your the boyfriend."

You look up at Reid in shock as Hotch just dropped this on you like its nothing.

"Well, Y/N", says Reid trying to hide what you believe was a smile. "Guess we're going on a date."