NOT GOING TO PLAN

A R C H E R  P O V

All that's coming from her mouth is sarcasm and insults, and it makes me laugh on the inside. We arrive at the cabin in the Alpes. 

I wanted to get her away from home so I can have alone time with her. Wanted Aston to come with Pip, so she had her best mate to speak to. 

Didn't want her being bored, and consider killing me from her boredom.

We entered the cabin to have the staff waiting, and they had the fire crackling away. Plus, the chef is cooking, and here for our remainder of our stay. 

The housekeeper got the rooms ready for us. Pass Sasha's case, and she wanders up the stairs to her room. 

"Archer, she doesn't appear to be happy," Aston states the obvious. "After spending the weekend here, she'll be in my embrace and I can get back to loving her." "Archer, I hope your plan works. But what the hell will you do if it backfires?" "I'm not planning on letting it backfire." My brother laughs at me and makes his way up the stairs to his room with Pip.

Get to my room to have my case waiting for me. Took out the gift box I had for Sasha. Opened the box, gazing down at a necklace with a locket. 

I've never got gifts for a girl and given flowers. Not even when I was married. I changed into warmer clothes and made my way down to the lounge.

This cabin is open planned and spacious. Aston and Pip are drinking hot drinks while cuddling together by the fire.  

Sasha makes her way down the stairs, not appearing cheerful at all. "I figure we could all go for a ski." I say, and peer over to Sasha. "With a bit of luck, you might get eaten by a yeti." The sarcasm she's throwing at me. My brother laughs, finding it all amusing.

***

We dress for the cold weather, grab the skis and proceed up the hill. Sasha and Pip are mucking around, making snowballs and throwing them at each other. 

I marched with Aston, who is laughing at me. We turned to observe where they are, and they're making snow angels. "Do you reckon you thought this through at all?" He asks. 

"She's exhausting work. She doesn't forgive easily." Realising Sasha is different from any girl I've been with.

She's got her own mind and is highly opinionated. She doesn't take crap or any bullshit from anyone. 

We reach the top and wait for the girls. They're giggling until they reach us. We get our skis on. Sasha is fiddling around with her hood. 

"Are we all ready?" I asked. "With a bit of luck, you might get caught in an avalanche." She smiles. "You are such a pleasant person," I say sarcastically. 

My brother laughs and takes off down the slope.

I smirk at her. "I'll meet you at the bottom if you don't fall flat on your face." She smirks at me. Yep, I'm throwing the insults back. 

I take off and leave her with Pip. Enjoying the cold, fresh air in my face. Catch my brother halfway down. When we reach the bottom, we wait for the girls. And we waited. Glanced up the hill to check if I could catch sight of her, but they're not in our sights.

We sit on the snow, waiting and waiting. "What the hell could be taking them this long?" I ask Aston. "They've been a while. We should climb the hill and find out what's keeping them." He says. 

We pick our skis up to make our way up the mountain. When we reach the top where the girls are. We shake our heads. They'd made a snowman. Just another way to be aggravating.