BEING THERE

A R C H E R   POV

I had to leave the office when Sash phoned in distress. Wish she would talk to me. I get home to find her out cold on the floor. 

My heart sank. This is the woman I love, and she's in pain. Put her to bed and called my mother. She came right over. 

It upset her to discover Sasha this way. "Archer, I didn't know it was this bad." My mother puts her hand on my shoulder. "Her mother said something for her to be like this." My mother glances at me.

Run my fingers through my hair. "Baby, all you can do is be there for her. Get the help she needs." Glanced down at my hand. "Archer, do you really love her?" 

"Yes, without a doubt. She's my world." I tell my mother without hesitating. 

She smiles. "Archer, just be there and get her help." I nod at my mother. She leaves.

Laid on the bed with Sasha in my arms. I wanted to feel her move so I could stop her having a drink. 

It's tougher than I expected. I fall asleep and she gets up, drinking whatever she gets her hands on. 

I'm exhausted being on my guard, too scared to close my eyes. But somehow when I close my eyes, she wakes and hits the bottle.  

My eyes open. Check to discover if she's laid beside me. Rubbed my face, slide from the bed to find where she is. 

She's in the kitchen, searching through the cupboards. "Sasha." She glimpses at me with a smile. She's got an empty bottle in her hand, and she found a bottle in the back of the cupboard. 

Opens it and drinks. Shake my head. Stepped towards her to take her in my arms. I'm tired of doing this night after night.

She sits on the sofa drinking her bottle, and a short while later she's flaked out. Carry her to the bed. Place her gently down and slide in holding her tight to me. 

My eyes are heavy, and my heart is in pain watching her like this. Kiss the top of her head and fall asleep.     

***

It's been eight weeks since the wedding, and Sasha is crashed on the sofa with empty bottles around the floor.

That was it. I picked up my phone to phone my brother for help. "Archer, it's late." "I need your help to get every bottle of alcohol out of this fucking penthouse." "I'll be right over." Put my phone down, gaze at Sasha.

Lift her gently into my arms to place her in bed. Put the quilt over her. Step into the lounge to notice Aston with a gloomy expression. 

"Archer, you need to get help." "I've tried, but she gets all defensive and rages at me." He shakes his head. 

We gather up all the bottles we could find, and he takes them with him. I return to the bedroom. Have a shower and slide into the bed.

Wake in the morning to hear Sasha raging out of control. Slide from the bed to watch her. She stares at me like I'm the bad guy. 

I can't deal with her rage and left for the office. I know it was the worst thing to do, but I had enough. 

Sometime later, I get a phone call from my mother. "Archer, she's in a bad way. She's telling me she doesn't belong here anymore. She wants to end it." I shot up from my chair to make my way home.

I can't handle this anymore. "Mum, I'm on my way home." We hang up. 

But when I get back to the penthouse, she's gone. I'm in a frantic rage wanting to find her. Ring her phone and nothing.