GETTING IT RIGHT

S A S H A   P O V

I lost my way when my mother said all those hurtful words to me. The only way I knew how to handle it was to drink. 

All I wanted to do was numb the pain I felt, but the reality is the pain never went. It was still there when the drink wore off. 

If it weren't for Archer, I would've killed myself with the drink. But soon as I took the test to find out I was pregnant, I stopped. 

I needed to be a better parent than my mother ever was or could be. And to prove to myself I'm not a quitter.

A lot happened in the first three years of my marriage, and most of it, I was blind drunk. Aston and Pip have a beautiful daughter, Izzie. 

She's adorable and puts a smile on my lips. Well, I've been going to the office working alongside Archer. 

His new secretary didn't like it when I showed up. I notice the same expression Britney would give me. 

All I can say is trust. But I know that with the way Archer and I make love, he'd never take another woman.

We're having a baby shower at his mother's tonight. I appear like a house with only five weeks to go. 

I'm scared I'll fail. I mean, I'm a lousy wife to Archer. Stepped into the lounge to observe Archer putting something in his pocket. 

He's been acting a little suspicious the last four weeks. Secret phone calls and meetings.

Would I ever doubt he'd be unfaithful to me? No. He's changed, but it makes you think. "Sasha, you look beautiful." Glance down at my huge stomach. 

I don't think he's staring at the right girl. Smirked at him and we leave. He holds my hand on his lap and kisses me behind my ear. Giving me an instant warm shiver.

***

We're not far from the house. "Sasha, I need to blindfold you." We haven't even got out of the limo. 

He kisses me and slides the blindfold on. "So, what now?" I ask. "You'll have to wait." A short while later, the limo stops. 

He helps me out the back. We stood not moving, and I could hear whispering. "Sasha, hold your hand out." Licked my lips and reached my hand out. He takes it facing my palm up, and places a set of keys into my hand. 

I smiled, a little confused to why I would be holding keys in my hand.

Could feel his breath on my neck when he kissed me. "Sasha, Baby. All the secret phone calls and meetings are to do with the keys you have in your hand." He takes the blindfold from my eyes. I glanced at everyone, who are smiling at me. 

And then they step back, showing me a huge house that is definitely not his parents.

He cups my cheeks. "The penthouse is no place for two babies. This is where we will raise our family." Gazed deep into his eyes, they're filled with love. 

Smiled at him. My eyes glazed with tears kissed him. "Archer, it's perfect." Fall into his arms. Feeling his arms wrapped around me. 

"The house is ready to move into, just need you to pick the room for the nursery." He lifts me bridal style to carry me over the threshold.

Stepped inside to the smell of fresh new furniture. "It's huge." I said with a surprised tone. He laughs, placing me on my feet. 

"I had to have the best for my wife. I even made sure we had a gym." All the guests strolled in after us.