THE KISS

A R C H E R  P O V

All morning I've been pacing the lounge. Sasha had to leave awhile ago to head over to my parents. 

We never spoke or made eye contact. Talk about shaking in your shoes, and I'm shaking. Glanced out the window to view the sun high in the sky with no clouds. 

My thoughts are all about Sasha. I need her like the sun needs the sky. And the night needs the day. She's the one my heart beats for. I should've told her from the beginning how I felt about her. And just maybe I wouldn't be in this mess.

Take a deep breath to turn to stare over at the main door to notice Aston. He closes the door behind him. 

"Well, Archer, I spoke to her last night about the necklace. You should've told her you listened to her. She would've taken it and you wouldn't be in this mess." He sits on the sofa with his hands clasped in his lap.

Close my eyes for a second to stare over at him with his smug smirk. "She cornered me again. How the hell do I fall for it? The reunion and taking my clothes off for charity. How the hell does she do it? She even saved people's jobs for the idea she put across. She saved the company a vast amount of money." "Archer, she's good at her job. Her quick-talking, which may I add, can be a little too smooth at times. That is how she gets what she wants." He laughs at me. "We should leave. Our parents are expecting us." He stands to pull his suit jacket straight.

***

Gazed out the window the entire time we're in the limo. No, noise from my mouth, but my thoughts rush around in my head. 

The palms of my hands are clammy, my heart is pumping with fear. A fear, I'll get this all wrong. The limo pulls onto the long drive to the house, and I drew a few deep breaths, before exiting the limo with my brother at my side. 

We do a lot of things together, but that's only to do with the sibling bond we have. We are close. Closer than most. If my brother needed a kidney, I would give it to him, no questions asked. We are blood and we watch out for each other.

We enter the house where we're greeted by the maid. All I do is smile, she smiles back. Didn't even have the nerve to speak. 

Just wanted to curl in a corner and hideaway. But this is all to do with Sasha, and she's the one I love. My thoughts still rolled in my head.

How could Sasha suggest such a thing? I've only kissed her a handful of times, and I've kissed Britney a lot more. But I know Sasha's kiss gives me a warm shiver right to my core. I would have all my nerve endings bursting to explode when her lips pressed to mine. 

I just hope I feel that again, or I lose the one I love. Not looking forward to this, but I have an advantage. I've already kissed Sasha when I was blindfolded, and I wouldn't let her go.

I'm a nervous wreck right now. My brother isn't making it any easier with rubbing my shoulders as if I'm getting ready to have a fight. 

But it is a fight for the one I love. Take a deep breath and head to the back of the house where the pool is. 

My mother places a blindfold over my eyes. "Archer, I hope to god you know the one you love. Your father had to do this once, and he knew me. We had only kissed a few times, but he knew my kiss. Just relax and I wish you, luck baby." "Mum, you're making me nervous and I'm already trembling." She leads me to a seat.

Sit nervously, fidgeting in my seat. Relax, and I can do this, tell myself. Take a deep breath and think of Sasha. "Archer, the first kiss." My mother says. She places her lips on mine, and I kiss, but I felt nothing.