UNDER SIEGE

A R C H E R  P O V

Reached the office, waiting for Sasha with the files. My phone rings. "Sir, you need to watch the camera in the elevator." The security guards informs me. 

Got the iPad, tapped the icon for the elevator, and blinked to discover Sasha with a gun to her head held by Sarge. 

My heart is pounding, my body had an icy shiver. "Have you notified the police?" I say in a panicked voice. "Yes, sir, they're on their way up to you with a swat team." Turned the sound up to listen to them, and her mouth will not shut up.

I had to ring Aston to have some support. "Aston, get your ass over here. Sasha's being held at gunpoint by Sarge." "Fuck, I'm leaving now." We hang up. 

The first thing I need to do is get everyone out of the building quickly and quietly, without a panic.

Take a deep breath and send a text to each floor manager, telling them this is not a drill, and to get the staff to the main car park and account for everyone. 

Stepped out to address my staff on my floor. "Please stop and listen. This isn't a drill. I will need you all to quietly make your way to the main stairs and meet in the main car park. Please follow the manager." They all stare at me and leave safely and quietly.

Glad all the practice paid off. Took my seat and put the big screen on to watch the camera in the elevator. 

The swat arrived and stared at the screen. They took over my office, setting up computers and other equipment. Aston arrives with Pip.

He glances at the screen. "What the fuck does he think he's doing?" Stare at my brother and shake my head. "He's here for revenge. He's going to kill her for what she did to him." Placed my face in my hands and breakdown crying. "She's still angry with me, and now this." Wave my hand at the screen. Aston gives me a brotherly hug.

The officer in charge calls me over to him to answer some questions. "Do you know any reason why he would want to point a gun at her?" "She's got a name. It's Sasha and yes. He was her boyfriend. She caught him in bed with a girl and she retaliated by punching him. He took her to court to sue her. Our lawyers settled with half a million." Take a deep breath, wishing this were not happening to me and her.

Stepped over with Aston, and our parents show up. "All the employees have been told the truth," My father tells me. 

Nod at him. My mother sits beside me, putting an arm around me. "Archer, baby." That was all she had to say, and I started to sob. "We have movement. We're going to ring and ask if he's got any demands." They put the call on a loudspeaker.

**

My body is trembling. "Sarge, we want you to put the gun down and come out." "Do you think I'm stupid? You're trying to save this bitch. She's going to pay for what she's done." "Sarge talk to us what do you want?" "I'll let Sasha talk for me," He says. "Sasha, what are his demands?" "He doesn't have any apart from he wants to kill me. Couldn't blame him for what I did to him." I laughed at what she said. "Well, if I don't see another birthday, this will top it." Closed my eyes to listen to her voice and how calm she is.

The officer gives a nod to a guy by the elevator. My heart is racing out of control. They can't put her in danger. "Do you want any food or water?" He asks them. "Sarge says no. He's a little shy, that's why he didn't want to talk to you. He needs to grow some balls." "Sasha, I will shoot you." I hear him scream at her. "Like I said you need to take the safety of the gun first." She says.

The officer puts his hand over the speaker. "He doesn't know what he's doing." He shouts to the guy getting ready to climb down the elevator shaft. "Sasha put the phone down, that's enough talking." He shouts at her.