PLEADING

A R C H E R  P O V

When I got home, it was later than I expected I would leave the office. Sasha's passed out on the sofa with half a bottle of vodka plus an empty bottle of apple sours. 

That means she's pissed at me for being home late. When I finally got up, had a shower and dressed, ready to leave for the office. 

She'd already left. I didn't even hear her this morning getting ready.

Arrive at the office, not sure if Sasha would still be angry at me. Stepped out from the elevator to observe Sasha with her back to me. 

Approached with caution, not sure if she'd rage at me. "Sasha, I should apologise for getting home late." She turns to stare at me. "Well, I'm glad to notice nothing's changed." The whites of her eyes show me she's not happy.

Not wanting to argue with her, I stepped into my office expecting to have my breakfast. Rubbed my face, glanced over to her sitting at her desk. 

How the fuck can I make this up to her? Make my way to the kitchen to make myself a coffee.

Turned to step out of the kitchen. and notice Sasha chatting to a guy. Jealousy set in. Advanced towards her. 

She gives me a death stare. "We have a meeting to get to." "I observe you never forget about having a meeting, but you forget you have a wife." Rubbed my face with her spitted words. 

"Sasha, I didn't forget you. I had so much to search through, time just slipped away." She smirks, picks up the iPad, ready to leave for the meeting.

We get to the limo to leave when she waits for me to slide in first. "Mr Waitland." "I was only late home." Raised my voice at her. 

She slides in behind me. The entire ride over to my father's office is silent. If she's going to act like this every time I'm late home, I'll just stay at the fucking office.

***

Reached the floor of my father's office, she still will not speak to me. Aston comes into view. 

"Sasha," Shake my head at him to warn him. He stops speaking. We enter the office to encounter my father waiting for us. 

"Aston, be careful what you say. Sasha's not thrilled with me." I whisper to him. He glances over to her. 

"And what did you do?" He tilts his head, smirking at me. "Got home late from the office, she was passed out on the sofa blind drunk." He shakes his head. 

"Archer, you're doing the exact same you did to Ellie," Shaked my head with what he had said.

My brother caused me to reflect. Am I doing the same? Our father gives us a report each for the yearly profits. 

Glanced down at the figures, but I'm not taking much notice. My mind is focused on Sasha. Peered over my shoulder to observe her. 

She's still giving me the death stare. "Sasha, please takes notes." She sits up, takes the file from me, and reads over it to take notes. 

She never spoke to me or anyone else.

We're in the elevator on our way to the limo. Aston stares at me. "We have cake tasting tomorrow. You're welcome to join us?" He said. Sasha didn't say a word. 

"Sounds like fun," I respond. The doors open, we step out and she stalks through the lobby, leaving me with Aston. 

"Archer, you need to put your charm to work." He laughs. We exit the building to get in the limo.