RECOVERY

S A S H A   P O V

It's been six weeks since I got shot, and guess where I am? Yes, I'm at Archers in my room. He's still trying to win me over and annoy the hell out of me. 

He's having a party tonight. Well, a dinner party. He even got a chef to come and cook for the occasion. 

I'm spending the evening in my room. Where I can sit in peace and take painkillers to ease the pain in my shoulder.

I'm stood in the kitchen watching the chef. He's a master at what he does and the way he uses his hands to smack that steak. 

Yep, I'm licking my lips and almost drooling over this chef. He could cook me any day. The way he just plays with the food. 

Seated at the counter in a dream-like state, tilting my head and biting my lip. "Sasha, did you even hear a word I said?" He's spoken and ruined the entire dream. 

"What now?" I say sarcastically, getting off from the stool.

He stands with his hands in his trouser pockets. "I said the guests will arrive in ten minutes and you've not changed," "That's because I'm not coming. I have a date with Netflix." He creases his brows. 

"Our guests will expect to meet you." He's not happy, but neither am I. "Not my problem." I step away from him and he follows me. 

"I thought we sorted through this?" "And what did we sort?" I'm angry for him to even assume that he's all forgiven for what he did.

Rolled my eyes to make my way to my room. "Sasha, I'm still talking to you." Now he's spitting fire. "If I wanted to be treated like a child, I would've gone to Ruth's." "Sasha, please I didn't mean it like that. But you got me angry and I'm trying my damned hardest to show you how much I love you. I want you. Just give me a break please." 

"You're always pleading. Why? We're done. How many times do I have to tell you?" Turn to step from him.

Hear him sigh. "Why the hell did you move back in?" His voice is slightly raised. "I came back because you gave me no other choice. I'll leave if that's what you want?" I shrug my shoulders at him, and the doorbell rings. 

"I don't want you to leave." He turns to answer the door I moved to my room. Sarge was right about one thing. I'm a bitch, but I'm trying to protect my heart. 

Even if I did forgive him. How the hell do I know that she won't turn up again, and he does it again?

I wish I could have a drink, but I'm on painkillers. Laid on my bed when there's a knock at the door. "Yes." It opens and Violet steps in closing the door behind her. 

"How are you feeling?" "My shoulder still hurts, but I'm recovering." "Archer said you're not joining us," Shake my head. 

"I'm not up to being around too many people." She takes me in her arms to hug me. "Sasha, can I be blunt?" I nod. "I've never noticed my son so in love. He's hurting for what you had witnessed. I know it takes time to forgive them, but if you really love him, don't play so hard to get." "I wish it was that simple," I say, and she steps away from me.

She sits on the edge of the bed. "You're going to have to explain it to me?" She asks. 

"With what I've observed and the way he's pleading is what he did to his wife. The thing is he started having an affair with Britney before I started working for the company. She just shows up and he's a different guy. He's not in love with me. He's in love with Britney." I had tears.

She rubs her face. "Sasha, I'm sorry I didn't know he had an affair with her that long." Shrug my shoulders. "I guess he'll have to do some serious thinking." "Violet, it's fine. He'll always call her and text her. You know, a secretary knows all." I say.