Chapter 28

Outside of the Palace, royal guards are running around, preparing for the activation of the Eclipse Cannon. All under the direction of Princess Hisui and Minster Darton. As Hisui is ordering the guards, the noise of armored footsteps interrupts her. Both Hisui and Darton look to see Arcadios approaching them.

Arcadios: Princess.

Hisui: Oh! Sir Arcadios! You're all right!

Hisui is delighted to see that Arcadios is alright while Darton looks to the ground in shame.

Darton: Colonel! About the Palace of Perdition... That was. err... entirely a misunderstanding on my part...

Arcadios: Let's let bygones be bygones. Do all these people know about the Eclipse 2?

Hisui: Yes. I'm having all the soldiers brought up to speed now. I can only hope the Garou Knights are informed quickly, too... The time traveler was telling the truth. I am now shifting the Eclipse Project to its second purpose.

Arcadios: You're going to abandon our original plan to destroy Sir Zeref?

Hisui: No. I am simply removing an immediate threat for now.

Arcadios steeled himself as he drew his sword, much to Hisui and Darton's shock.

Darton: What are you doing?!

Darton screams at Arcadios, who places the blade in Hisui's hands. She is too stunned to move as Arcadios grabs the blade of the sword and points it at his throat.

Arcadios: A true knight must never doubt his lord's words. I am prepared to give my life when your words come true. I doubted you for a fleeting moment. I am willing to accept... my dishonor... and my death.

Darton: Have you gone mad?!

Darton is silenced by a glare from Arcadios. He then turns his attention back to Hisui, who has yet to move a muscle.

Arcadios: Princess. Please tell me the truth.

Hisui: Sir Arcadios... What is this all about?

Hisui questions him as her hands start to tremble.

Arcadios: I met the Time Traveler you speak of. Said person had no knowledge of the Eclipse 2! The Time Traveler knew what was going to happen, but shed tears for having no way of preventing it!

Hisui: No, the Time Traveler gave me clear instructions on how to prevent it.

Arcadios: Then you're claiming this person is lying?! I can't... I can't think of anything she'd have to gain by lying to her friends!

Hearing his answer, Princess Hisui's eyes widened as her response shocked both Arcadios and Darton.

Hisui: Huh? "She?" The person from the future who advised me... was a man.

Back in the Palace, everyone was on guard as the massive black shadow had swallowed every guard in the hallway, along with the Garou Knights.

Happy: All the royal soldiers...

Carla: ...Were pulled into the shadow!

Pantherlily: Why are we all right?!

(Y/N): I don't know, but be ready for anything.

Loki: Someone's coming!

As Loki says, someone starts to emerge from the darkness. They walked closer to your group with a delighted smile plastered on his face. His hair was both black and white, black on the right side of his face and covering his right eye while his white hair was only the left. Peeking out from his bangs, a scar ran over his nose and around his left eye was a tattoo.