Chapter 26

The entity that was possessing Rogue's body gawked at Gajeel's new transformation in shock. Gajeel grinned at him as his new Shadow Iron dragon ability continually emitted shadow magic.

Rogue: Two attributes combined?!

Rogue questioned in disbelief. Seeing his disbelief, Gajeel's grin grew wider as he started to chuckle. Meanwhile, Makarov and the first master observed the new form.

Makarov: When did Gajeel become capable of doing that?!

Mavis: I never expected this, either, but his chances look good.

The two of them continued to discuss Gajeel while the crowd cheered loudly for the new development in the battle. Levy watches the lacrimascreen as she gazes at Gajeel in wonderment.

Chapati: Wow! There's no telling what to expect now! What do you think is going to happen, Mr. Yajima!?

Yajima: It's certainly anyone's guess at this point. Dragon Slayers go beyond all common sense after all.

Mato: But don't forget that Rogue is a third generation Dragon Slayer, 'kin. I think he's just getting started, 'kin.

Back with Rogue and Gajeel, the two start to get ready to fight as Rogue raises his hand and encases it in shadow magic.

Rogue: Hmph. I see. An Iron Shadow Dragon, I suppose?

In the next second, Gajeel rushed Rogue as Rogue swung his arm and sent a wave of shadow magic at him. Gajeel avoided the attack by becoming a shadow like Rogue. Rogue looked down at the ground to see Gajeel as a shadow.

Rogue: How impertinent, using the same magic as me!

Rogue covered both his hands with shadow magic as he waited for Gajeel to attack. Just when Gajeel went to attack, he turned around and launched his magic. However, his attack missed as Gajeel wasn't there. He reformed behind Rogue and hit him with an iron pole. Rogue stumbled forward before turning into a shadow and tried to retreat. Gajeel smirked and chased after him.

Chapati: Oh, my! What is this?!

Chapati yelled as the shadows started to clash with one another. Everyone looked confused as they couldn't tell which shadow was which.

Mato: W-Wow, 'kin.

Yajima: I can't tell what's going on anymore.

Chapati: H-How do I give the play-by-play for this?! Well, in any case, something crazy is happening!

The shadows move up to the roof of the building as one of them pushed ahead. However, the other one quickly caught up as Gajeel's arm came out of the second one. It reached and grabbed the other shadow. Gajeel then pulled out Rogue from the shadow as he emerged from his.

Rogue: W-What?! He's pulling me out of the shadow?!

Rogue's surprise was short lived as Gajeel delivered a punch to his face. The force of the punch was enough to take Rogue completely out of the shadow. Gajeel closed in and delivered a second punched that sent Rogue through the roof of the building they were fighting on. Rogue crashed into the ground then quickly reverted back into a shadow and tried to flee again. Gajeel landed on the ground and turned into his shadow, giving chase to Rogue. Gajeel quickly caught up then grabbed Rogue and drew him out of the shadow.

Rogue: I don't know this Gajeel!

Gajeel: Say your prayers!

Gajeel throws Rogue through the roof of the building as his mouth started to glow.

Gajeel: Iron Shadow Dragon... Roar!

Gajeel releases a yellow roar attack with black rings as it heads straight for Rogue. Rogue, who is unable to defend himself, could only watch as the roar hits him dead on. The commentators and audience are stunned at Gajeel's powerful magic attack. The only sound of cheering is coming from the Fairy Tail section. As the crowd begins to cheer, Rogue crashes through the roof of the building. He lands unconscious behind Gajeel who turns around to look at him.