Chapter 27

???: The Games are nearly at an end.

Hisui: Yes.

Princess Hisui and Minister Darton are observing the Grand Magic games, awaiting its outcome.

Hisui: The outcome will confirm if my advisor's predictions will come true or not.

Darton: I take it you haven't changed your mind about activating the Eclipse if this prediction comes to pass?

Hisui: I felt very conflicted too. I didn't want to believe it, but I also wondered, "What if?" I wavered between uncertain and mistrust. 

Darton: Understandable, given the direness of the claims.

Hisui: But I feel this is the only way to decide now. If this round ends as foretold, it will provide this person does have knowledge of the future.

Darton: Meaning the claim that a swarm of dragons will destroy Fiore is true as well.

Hisui: Let us watch for now and see how their battle unfolds.

Back at the battles in Crocus, something starts to move underneath Millianna's cape.

Milliana: It feels like something weird is stuck to me... Must be my imagination...

Elsewhere, Laxus's surprise uppercut lifts Jura off his feet and sends him through the air. The crowd is surprised, but excited that the battle is still continuing. Blue Pegasus is shocked that someone was able to withstand a hit from Jura while Fairy Tail cheers for Laxus being able to stand back up.

Jura smirks as he lands on his feet and throws away his hakama. He slams his foot into the ground and shouts as the ground is lifted underneath Laxus. Laxus is sent into the air, but he uses this as an opportunity to attack.

Laxus: Thunder Dragon Heavenward Halberd!

Lightening forms on Laxus's arm as he throws a halberd of lightning at Jura. Jura remains confident as he clasps his hands together.

Jura: Talus!

The ground lifts in front of Jura, acting as a shield from Laxus's halberd. Laxus's attack completely destroys Jura's defense as he lands in the rubble and charges at Jura. Laxus punches Jura, but he blocks it with his forearm. Jura then moves his fingers that create more stone pillars that force Laxus back. Laxus takes advantage of the pillars as he uses them to get closer. However, Jura deliver a blow to Laxus's head when he gets close. Laxus quickly shakes it off has he delivers a strike to Jura's head.

As the two of them trade blows with each other, the audience is flabbergasted at what they are watching. They mummer in shock at the amount of power that Laxus contains. Laxus then charges up lightening in his fist as he punches the ground between him and Jura, engulfing both of them in a strong lightening bolt.

Jura: This is surprising. 

Jura says as he comes out of the attack unscathed. Meanwhile, Laxus's clothes are damaged as his shirt opened, revealing his stomach and chest.

Jura: I haven't been this thrilled in years!

Laxus: The rumors are true... you are a monster... What is it that Natsu says at a time like this?

Laxus wonders before he clenches his hand. He looks at Jura as his fist starts to crackle in electricity.

Laxus: I'm fired up!

Jura: Come! Let us fight until one of us falls!

At the palace, the rescue team was busy destroy an endless amount of Royal Guards. You and Natsu tore through the guards as more or members of the Garou knights replaced them.