Chapter 12

Mato: Now, will each team's participant kindly step forward!

Gray: See ya later.

Gray walks to the center of the stadium with the other players to start the game.

Lucy: You got this Gray!

Natsu: You better not lose snowflake! You hear me, pal?! We're better than Gajeel's team, those Saber punks, and Raven...

Elfman: You gotta hide and seek like a real man!

(Y/N): Do your best Gray.

Chapati: There are two questions on everyone's minds! First and foremost, what kind of game will hidden be?! And who would you say is the favorite to win this mysterious competition?!

Yajima: Hmm, it's safe to say that Rufus of Sabertooth will be the on odds favorite, but Gray from Fairy Tail is a dark horse in the running.

Chapati: Let's ask today's special guest Ms. Jenny Realight from Blue Pegasus!

Jenny: My fav? I'll be rooting for Eve of course. He's got this in the bag.

The crowd cheers for the beginning of the game as the contestants stand in the center of the stadium with Mato.

Juvia: I hope you realize that even if our souls are connected, I don't intend on losing to you.

Gray: Yeah, of course not. I wanna win too.

Lyon: My mind is set on winning the competition as well and fair Juvia's heart!

Juvia: Creep Alert!

Gray: Someone's getting a taste of their own medicine. You know, before we start, I got one question that I've been dying to ask. *to Mako* What are you?

Mako: Huh? Who me? Why silly boy, I'm a pumpkin! As you can plainly see...

Gray: Sorry, was I suppose to not ask you that or something?

Juvia: Well, he certainly looks like a pumpkin to me.

Gray: Well duh. Of course, he looks like a pumpkin on the outside, but what's inside there?

Eve: He's always been a big part of the games, so I guess I never really thought about that.

Beth: Yeah, I figured he had to be someone on the event staff in a costume.

The two of them stand straight then bow to Mako.

Beth & Eve: Good job sir. You've created an excellent character.

Mato: Thank you! But I'm only doing this because it's so Funkin!

Gray: Those bad puns are going to get old real fast.

Nulpudding: Before we start I got a little problem see. I don't know what this hidden game is all about, but I think something stinks around here. And that something being that there are two fairy twerps competing in this thing. No other guild is going to get the chance to get two members in each round, so I say that they got an unfair advantage.

Gray: What?!

Mato: I understand your concern, but it can't be helped. We never dreamed that one guild can have two teams pass the qualifier. It really is an amazing feat.

Rufus: I have no qualms with it. In fact, I remember something I once heard. A wise man told me Two heads aren't necessarily better than one.

Jäger: If I got to beat two fairies, bring it on!

Beth: I sure ain't gonna raise a fuss over it.

Gray: Are you giving us some advice? A couple of words of wisdom from the raining champion?