Chapter 24

Everyone was still surprised to see that another Lucy was standing in front of them. She stared at all of you with nothing but sadness in her eyes.

Lucy?: I assume you already know about the Eclipse, the doorway through time and space.

Lily: The Eclipse? You mean...?!

Carla: You used the Eclipse to...

Lucy: I come from the future.

Her revelations sends both present Lucy and Natsu into shock making the two of  them freak out.

Past Lucy: Wha...?! This is all so sudden! I don't know what to make of it!

Future Lucy: The kindom is about to...

But before she could say what was going to happen, she loss conciseness and collapsed on the ground. Natsu quickly ran to her aid as he checked her to make sure she was still alive.

Natsu: Hey!

Carla: I-Is she all right?!

Wendy: She's still breathing. It looks like she's fainted.

As everyone was wondering about future Lucy's condition, you noticed the present Lucy backing away. 

(Y/N): Lucy?

Happy: What in the world is gong on?

Lily: This makes no sense.

Carla: A Lucy from the future... Could this mean my premonition is real?

As everyone is left pondering about what future Lucy's presence could mean, Mirajane looks back at the present Lucy with a worried expression.

Mirajane: Lucy...

Lucy: This is weirding me out. Why would I...?!

(Y/N): We'll have to worry about that later. We aren't going to get any answers until... uh, the future Lucy wakes up. Natsu, get her and we'll leave this place.

Natsu: Right.

Yukine: Let's exit the castle and launch a signal flare.

Wendy: Right! To signal that we've successfully rescued Ms. Lucy!

Natsu: Didn't expect to find two of her though.

(Y/N): Got that right. Now let's go.

Natsu picks up future Lucy and starts to walk past the door she came through. Everyone else followed behind him as you all walked deeper into the Palace of Perdition.

Elsewhere in the Palace

Princess Hisui and Prime Minister Darton are still conversing about the Princess's plans for the eclipse gate.

Darton: I don't understand. You need a celestial spirit wizard to open the Eclipse door, Princess. Yet you threw them into the palace of perdition. It doesn't make any sense.

Hisui: Indeed. I had the 12 zodiac keys in my possession then... But I acted rashly.

Darton: But those keys have now returned to them. How do you intend to open the Eclipse door now?

Hisui: The keys are no longer of use.

The Princess's declaration confuses Darton as he waited for Hisui to explain herself.

Hisui: I used the Zodiac key yesterday to release the Eclipse's locks. All that remains is for someone to open the door.

Darton: Will this someone be ready to bear the responsibility for changing humanity's future?