Chapter I

[an; hi, Mays here, the chapters are way longer later on, (reaching around 4-5k). This is my first book ever and I'm extremely happy that you chose to check it out. It will have around 50 chapters as it is now ongoing, and I am planning a sequel to it :). Am also working on my other book, which, is more of a tragic story between Draco and my OC (smut still included). The title is "Golden ashes" and it's available on my profile. I hope you enjoy my books and don't mind too badly when some cringy moments pop up (I apologize in advance lol).

Love you

-maya]

- this chapter was rewritten :*

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ - ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

A vastly sunny day. Golden rays sneaked into my room as soon as the sun went up, making the whole sky shine. Not a single cloud could be found on a sapphire blue horizon.

The last days of my summer before the 8th year in my favorite school ever - Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Got the chance to study there since I'm a half-blood witch, raised by my father, Remus Lupin. I've always considered him as the main person in my life because my mother died long ago. Specifically, when I was two. I don't really remember her. My father, on the other hand, does very well. The way his heart remains shattered after such loss is clearly visible in our everyday life.

Speaking of life, I couldn't imagine it without my friends. Since I'm a proud Gryffindor, I've made a lot of them there. Hermione, Ron, Ginny.. could continue counting but can't forget a person I grew up with - Harry James Potter. My dearest friend.

From a very young age, my father felt the duty to take care of him. Because of that, I and Harry shared so many great memories. Our moments became my safe place. He was just the only best friend I needed. Didn't expect that I would crave for anyone else someday..

But the beginnings were perfect. He was everything I could expect from a friend. Always had my back and became the shoulder I could cry on. I've never had any other friends that would be as great as he was. Maybe that's why I felt so attached?

It's hard to describe our relation in a few paragraphs. There was way too much that has happened throughout the years. To the reader now, it seems perfect, doesn't it? Well, it started as one but slowly turned into a major illusion.

The problems began when we learnt to express emotions better. More like - feelings. What we truly felt. Our teenage years were filled with misunderstandings. Another thing that brought us apart was how jealous I was and how overprotective he became.

But after all, we still managed to keep up with our friendship. That was the only thing we were good at - fixing our issues and calming each other down. I loved him for that.

Our relation changed dramatically after I began attending Hogwarts. Again, I blame it on the heartbreaks and experiences we made to discover life. Finding new people was also a quite changeable thing when it came to our friendship. For example, my new friend from day one - Cedric Diggory, was the loveliest soul out there. We got along quite well.

With my popularity and growing amounts of friendships, the count of my enemies had also grown. I found it hard to get along with some people, especially from the other dorm. Slytherins and Gryffindors are not the best combo, we usually don't vibe together. It's all mostly because of our need to compete. For example, to me, my biggest rival would be Daphne Greengrass. We've always been compared to each other and that annoys me, to say the least.

Seems like Slytherin is full of my enemies right? Well yeah. Except that for some reason I want to be near one of them. Draco Malfoy, the most mischievous one. The way he irritates me but at the same time arouses, makes me mad. Extremely mad. Not only with him but also with myself.

The relation we share isn't quite easy. I'd describe it as a very intricate and messy one. There is not much contact between us, rather than staring at each other at every meal or at times when we have a class together. Sometimes he also teases me in front of everyone, which I consider embarrassing. But after all, something in me is glad that he's near...

Our possible friendship was crossed out from the very beginning since he had a major problem with Harry. I, as a good friend, had to stand up for my best friend and keep his side. So, since day one, I and Draco are supposed to hate each other. It's commonly said that we are enemies. There was never a chance for us, whatsoever. I never expected to even need one...

So, why the fuck do I feel such attraction to my best friend's bully?

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ - ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

"And as much as it seems like he owned my heart,
In astronomy, we were two
worlds apart."

"