Chapter XLIV

Envy, there was envy in my blood.

Not that it was that unusual, but this time it was likely burning through my skin.

How could I be mad at Harry for not being ecstatic for me and Draco, when I was evolving with frustration about him and Romilda?

And romantically, I only loved my Slytherin.

But, my soul belonged to my brother.

He just felt so easily mine, I couldn't bear to lose him. Like the wall of support he was, I knew I could always lean on him when I feared collapsing.

There was no easy way to describe it, I just felt jealous that she would replace me.

"Draco, you will not believe who I ran into this morning!" I exclaimed the moment my figure appeared at the entrance to our room. The fragrance of spicy pimiento and cedarwood hit my nostrils in an instant. Rarely was it, that his lusty perfumes weren't taking over my senses.

"Let me guess," He chuckled slightly, matching my loudness. His hair was wet and he had a flowy flannel shirt on. I almost forgot about my exasperation. "Was it your Gryffindor friends?"

"Indeed!" I spoke while sitting down on the bed beside him. His face turned to me, meeting my eyes. "Will you believe that Harry is serious about seeing Romilda?"

"Oh is he?" Draco's voice calmed, but I was so swirled in my own thoughts, there was no chance for me to notice.

"Yea, like how pathetic is that," I mumbled. "He suddenly just fell in love?"

"Perhaps he did?" My boy asked. "May we not talk about him?"

"It's just that, I don't understand," I continued regardless of Draco's request. "Will she be his favourite person now? Will they actually last long? I merely wonder—"

"Maya, will you stop?" He stood up breaking my sentence as I spoke. "The only pathetic one is you"

"What?" I questioned, standing up after him. My face numbed - confusion reigned among my senses.

"Yeah, he has a girlfriend, who cares? It's not like this idiot would stay alone forever. After all, he was the fucking chosen one," Draco raised his tone. My face paled realising I could only blame myself now.

"I just feel a little envy, that's it," I murmured. And he has most certainly taken it the fallacious way.

"Envy? Oh please." His tongue moved through the lower parts of his mouth with insanity. His jaw clenched. "Why would you envy them? How sick of you." He used a high-raised tone.

"Don't yell," I tried to battle for tranquillity, yet in my core, I already knew I was helpless.

"Me? You came here all torn apart after you realised you don't have your backup plan available anymore" His voice only grew louder. My ears almost bled. Still, I was the one at fault - it was me who caused our argument.

"Malfoy stop! You know damn well there is no such thing," The irritation escaped with my words. My eyes fumed with anger as well now. How could he say such a thing?

However, I did feel guilty,

Almost as if what he just said was veracious...

"Oh do I, now? If he broke up with her would you not take a chance?" He continued ranting. My face drowned in shock. I had to waste a moment, to perceive the intended meaning of his question.

"Of course, I would not. I only love you." I spoke, and my tone forced the assurance to meet with his ears.

"Words, words, words... what is the worth of them?" He asked again while raising his brows with angry amusement. My muscles tensed.