Chapter XLIII

***

"What? What is wrong with you? Why can't you just accept that I don't love you?" Harry yelled. My scared eyes filled with tears. I was hugging my knees to my chest while sitting on the floor. His posture was towering over me now.

Just as I wanted to shout right back at him, he continued.

"You don't even love me. You're just so selfish. I can't believe I've spent all these years trying to keep up with you" he looked so unnerving now. Never have I been so terrified of someone once so close to me before. My bones froze with fear as he kept burning with the flames of fury.

"You are the worst that's ever happened to me. I pity you. I can't believe I've ever fancied you!"

My heart received damage so harsh, that no other experience could compare.

"I hate you" he yelled. "I hate you more than I have ever loved you"

My soul collapsed.

***

And then I woke up.

My head raised quickly, realising it was just a dream. Two sister tears got to escape my awaken eyes.

It was only a dream.

Harry didn't honestly hate me, or did he?

Of course, he didn't. I could never believe otherwise. He was my twin flame. How could he bear to detest me so bad? Even if I had ever crossed him terribly, I truly believe he wouldn't hate me. The connection we had was too strong. I know he felt it too.

I kept telling myself that the nightmare which just occurred was not even close to reality, hoping it will make me cool down. It didn't fully work. I panicked a bit.

I was breathing heavily. My fists clenched with frustration. I sat up on the bed, looking around.

It was already morning. I could watch as the newborn sun's rays try to sneak into the room - our room.

My eyes shifted to the side. My favourite blonde was lying beside me. His face looked so soft, the strand of his hair covering him a bit. As I was studying him, I found some peace rooting back in my body.

Only for a moment.

Only until,

Until I haven't noticed the scar beneath his eye, again. A scar that seemed to have healed a little more since yesterday, yet my heart ached as much.

My whole life flashed before me. I experienced uncontrollable recalls from my and Draco's story. From my and Harry's. I felt as if I was going through the post-battle situation all over again, the pain was so sharp and intense.

I remembered every single detail.

And they say that your depression fights the worst demons at night.

Well, somehow, even though the sun has just risen in the azure sky, I couldn't help but allow the woe to consume me. The picture of my wounded boy, the memory of my previous nightmare, and all the past, yet recent trauma collided at once.

I was a wreck, a pathetic one.

Though, of my heavy soul, I moved closer to him as lightly as I possibly could. I wanted to feel the balance of my existence, again. He was the only one to allow it.

My hands squeezed on his shoulders, no longer caring if he wakes up. My head pressed onto his strong chest, truly believing, that as long as we were sharing an embrace, no force in this universe could take him away from me, split our bodies apart.