Chapter XVI

I was going to sleep alone tonight. Wow that felt different...

Draco left. I have no idea when he's coming back at all. I just hope he's safe now.

Our 'goodbye' left me broken. I felt so unappreciated at this point. All these moments between me and him actually meant something for me. It was way more than just a hook up. Couldn't believe that he didn't feel like it was any special. How can a person be so cold and good at hiding emotions? I genuinely had no idea if he didn't care or was just good at pretending.

All these thoughts running through my head weren't letting me fall asleep. Once so close, once so far away. I miss him... a lot. More than I thought I would.

Then my thoughts were distracted. Someone knock on my door. I got up and fixed my hair quicky. Honestly didn't expect anyone here tonight.

"Someone's here for you Maya" said Hermione through the door. I opened the it. She stood there with Cedric. I haven't seen any of them for awhile.

"Hey" he smiled and I hugged them. I truly missed both of them. The fact that they remembered and cared was just all I needed now.

"So we have to talk I suppose" Hermione said while waking inside of my room. I smirked awkwardly. Not sure if I want to talk about it now.

"Where did he go?" Cedric asked. I looked at him confused. How did they even know that he went away?

"No idea, he didn't tell me anything" I looked at him upset, like I was about to break down. He definitely noticed that because he instantly hugged me. Hermione just stood there not knowing what to do.

"It's okay Maya, he will be back" she said slowly. I looked up at her. I have so many questions. How does she know that?

"When?" I looked at her with hope. Seems like she knows way more than me.

"I'm not sure..."

I looked at her confused. So she knows something or not? Who told her that Draco was even going away in the first place?

"Maybe it's better that you stay away from him Mays" she said quietly as if she was scared to hear my reaction.

"What?" I looked at her again and then at Cedric questioning.

"I just think that some people are very dangerous" she quickly added "you never know if he isn't planing to hurt you"

Okay now she just sounded crazy. How about someone finally explains what's happening here instead of constantly lying and keeping stuff from me? If he was that dangerous then shouldn't she tell me what exactly is going on?

"I can't tell anything else, I promise. If I was able I would already say everything" she explained herself.

"Okay well guess it's now that important" I looked at her kinda disappointed.

"I'll go now, I promised to help Ron with Alchemy" she looked away and started walking to the door. "Just be careful Maya"

I nodded and she walked out. I was left alone with Cedric now, still confused on why couldn't she tell me the truth.

"Don't look at me like that" Cedric smirked "I don't know anything either"

"Okay then, what are we going to do" I questioned. We were sitting on my bed now, kinda close to each other.

"I was hoping we could talk..." he looked at me now. "There is a lot I'd like to tell you about"

"Okay, well I'm listening" I smiled.

"Me and Cho, we aren't that close at all anymore" he stared deadly at the wall "She never has any time for me and I think we're on a break..."

"Oh, I'm sorry Ceddie" I grabbed his hand. I had a feeling even far before that she wasn't going to treat him like he deserves to be treated. Everything Cedric ever did was support me, so I wanted to do my best to comfort him right now.

"It's okay. It's just... I never know what she even wants. I'm always doing my best and she doesn't even notice it. Is my best still not good enough?"

Not Cedric being insecure because of her. I felt so sorry for him. I understand what he meant. I had the same problem with Draco. It's so hard to give your best when the other person doesn't even notice it. Getting half of your partner just ain't enough.

"No Cedric, you are good enough, it's not your fault that she can't notice it" I smiled again and we hugged.

"Maybe you deserve a break from her too?" I added and he nodded. Guess he agreed. That's good, he has to realise that some people just don't deserve him at all.

Was it what I wanted to tell him now? Or was it just what I needed to hear myself? Actually feel like I need to realise that. Malfoy was just taking a huge part in my life now and I cared about him way too much. I overthought everything he did. The idea of losing him or having him away for long was driving me crazy.

"Thank you Maya" Cedric finally replied smiling. Guess I helped. So glad about that.

"Sure thing Ced" I winked and we laughed. "Do you mind staying here, I'm kinda..."

"You thought I was gonna leave you alone overthinking that boy tonight?" He interrupted me and I laughed.

"Can we watch a movie?" I asked with hope and he agreed. Seems like tonight I'm not alone anymore...

Few hours later

It was about 1 am and we were still watching a movie. An adventure film. Nothing special, but I got really invested in the plot.

And then, there were these both main characters. A final scene, they were about to kiss. I was sitting focused of the movie with my head on his shoulder. When the characters starters kissing I felt his head turning at me.

I looked at him. Yes, he was staring at me now. I got confused for a while, not knowing what he was trying to do.

"What?" I asked curiously. "You like the view?" I joked

"You're my best view" he smirked.

"Nah" I hit him softly and we both started laughing.

The rest of the night we spent joking around and gossiping about everything and nothing. I also told him a lot about me and Draco and how he treated me lately. As I expected, Cedric was very supportive. He also told me some news from his relationship with Cho. Seems like he was a perfect boyfriend. How is Cedric not good enough for her? Funny.

If Malfoy treated me like Cedric treated Cho we would be the most in love and unproblematic couple in the whole school already. But was it what I really wanted? I love his soft side and the way he makes me feel special if he tries but I can never resist the firm and possessive part of him.

All these thoughts were just making me miss him even more. Cedric was already asleep. I know that he tried hard to keep me busy so I don't have any time left to overthink my love life but it was just what I did every night. How am I supposed to rest and sleep calmly when I have no idea what Draco truly thinks of me? Every night I had to analyze each thing he did to understand his behaviour. I really tried to interpret him the best I could.

Thank you for reading chapter XVII! Would appreciate if you could vote so much! Hope we all agree that Ced is a cutie <3

➵@mayaaflower_ on Instagram
➵@mayaaflower on tik tok