Chapter XL

I was shocked. My hand begun shaking slightly while I remained holding the pergamin from him.

Before I had realised it, a tiny tear fell down, soaking the paper a bit. I quickly wiped the rest of them away. My heart stopped. That meant- Draco Malfoy was alive.

My fragile core found new hope. The one that was strong enough to find some will to live. I took a deep breath. The first thing that came to my mind was that, I have to find Harry.

I was walking really fast now. Everything around was blurry, it was just me and the light letter in my hands. I was seconds away from entering the Gryffindor Common room, where I was hoping to find Harry, and luckily, I did.

"Thank God." I exhaled with relief. He looked at me as if I was gone for a month or more. My mouth closed, not knowing were to start from. How do I explain that I've got a letter from 'supposed to be dead' Malfoy?

"What happened? And where have you been?" He asked. I could tell he was very tired, quite exhausted I'd say. He has a lot of work around now and I can see the guilt permanently attached to his back. He blames himself for all of that.. I need to give him more time of mine..

"Yea, what happened?" Ron questioned. Of course, we were in the common room, how could we be alone here. I gave Harry a distinct look, showing that I have to tell him something eye to eye.

"I see how it is" Weasley sighed again but I didn't really care at the moment. He was literally my last concern. The only stressful thing now was that I had to explain everything to Harry. There was no going back now, as we were already in his room.

"So?" He asked. I swallowed nervously and passed him the letter. His eyes revealed how shocked he was now. I took another deep breath as he was already opening the envelope.

"What is this?" He questioned me again. I stood right in front of him with my eyes pierced to his tired face. I wanted to watch how his expressions change while he finds out that Draco Malfoy is in fact alive.

"Is this a joke?" He exclaimed after a moment. I stared at him with the confusion raising in me. He didn't look mad, as I expected him to at some point. He was just- confused as well?

"What? Did you read it?" I asked as soon as the words left his mouth, immediately responding.

"Read what? Seriously Maya? An empty paper?" He suddenly appeared irritated. The confusion only grew in me, standing in front of him, with no idea about what was actually happening.

"Huh?" The quiet expression was the only thing I could release, while staring at him and waiting for more sentences to leave his mind.

"Nothing is on it, what is it Maya, just tell me." He suddenly spoke. My eyes widened and I grabbed the letter. Everything was clear and visible, which made me even more unsure about what exactly was his issue.

"Here, read it!" I pointed at the text.

"Read what?" He raised his voice, visibly annoyed now.

"You can't see it?" I questioned, slowly starting to understand where was the problem. I really forgot how inteligent Draco actually was...

"See what? Can you please explain why are you showing me an empty piece of pergamin for over ten minutes now?" Harry uttered. I sighed slowly, making my finger run through the paper. I was right, there was no traces or concavities from the text.

"It's not empty- the ink is under a spell I believe." I revealed my thoughts. He raised his brows, sticking his eyes to my face.

"What the hell are you saying." The fastly formed sentence left his mouth in seconds. Few moments later he passed me back the letter, with clear disbelief on his face.