Chapter XVIII

"I've been gone for some time..." He started, but I interrupted him

"3 weeks and 6 days" I added quickly.

"Wow, well see someone has an obsession" he smirked.

"Oh shut up, I kinda missed you" I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, just go on"

"Well yea, that's a pretty serious topic to me" he stared at the moon for a while.

"You know I went somewhere, where I didn't want to go at all, right?" He asked and I nodded.

"Well that's not too smart for me to get anyone else involved in my 'situation'" he pointed at the word. I looked at him confused, waiting for more explanation.

"What situation? You didn't tell me anything at all" I responded surprised.

"That's because you don't have to know everything" he said harshly.

"I think, that after everything special we had together, I deserve some trust" I said quietly, scared to hear his reaction. The first time I told him that I truly wanted to know what's going on. I needed to see that he trusts me. I had to make sure he feels comfortable enough to talk with me.

"Everything we had together?" He questioned. I just stared at him shocked. How does he even ask such a thing now.

"Listen, I don't know who told you that we had anything special" he said with no emotions at all. "I'm not the type of person to be all in love and romantic or shit. Sucks for you if you thought otherwise"

"You didn't seem like you had a problem with that a few minutes ago"

I got mad now. What the hell is he thinking by saying something like that. Of course he has feelings, I know that. Why is he just too damn scared to admit it.

"Guess I changed my mind" he hissed and got up. I quicky jumped up to him and grabbed him by his shirt.

"Malfoy, you are not like this. You're better than that I know it" I stared at him deeply into his eyes. I was searching for any signs of emotions on his face. Unfortunately he just stared at me back, deadly.

"Stop trying to fix me, you can't do that. I don't need you help" he pulled away.

Fuck, at that moment all I wanted to do was burst out with tears. Unfortunately I couldn't even do that. I had to stay strong to don't seem hurt by his words. Too bad, I think that he still noticed how heart breaking they were for me.

"Draco!" I shouted at him as he begun to walk away. "I've waited for you so long and now you're leaving again..." I said way quieter thinking he didn't hear me. But surprisingly, he stopped

"Will be better for both of us" he didn't even look at me. After he said that he turned into the corridor and was gone out of my field of view.

What did I do to deserve this kind of treatment? He had no right to leave me here. A little tear fell on my face. How can a person be so cold and selfish? "Will be better for both of us?" He means for himself? All I know is that being without him won't be better for me in any way. I almost need him to function.

Because of all these thoughts running through my head, I completely broke down now. Couldn't keep my cool and stand still anymore. I fell on my knees, with tones of tears everywhere on my face. That is not how I imagined our conversation. I missed him. So fucking much. I was dying for this moment, to be finally able talk to him... And now this? Fuck, should've prepared myself for that reaction from him.

"Maya?" I suddenly heard a familiar voice

"Oh my god, what happened hun?" Hermione asked worried.

I tried to wipe my tears away, but unfortunately my mascara was all over my cheeks anyway. Hermione crouched next to me, grabbing my hands.