Chapter XVII

Another hour, another day, another week had passed without him. I couldn't stop thinking about it. When will he come back? All I did ever since he left was imagining him next to me. That made me feel a little better.

This time Blaise also disappeared so I couldn't even write any letters to Draco. I felt awfully alone although my friends were doing their best to comfort me.

I explained everything to Ginny. It turns out that she didn't mean to react like she did at all. Good thing that she apologized. I wasn't planning to argue with her. I didn't need any more enemies. After I told her how I feel she became kinda supportive and understanding. That meant a lot to me as well.

But there was still no conversation between me and Harry. Was I upset about that? Well, yes but I learnt to manage living without him. After he almost used curcio on me I realised that he changed... changed a lot.

Something in him just didn't sit right with me. He never had any type of anger issues before. It looked like something got into him. As if someone or something took control over him that day. I was scared too even look at him since.

It got a little better now, as from pure boredom my mind begun to bring back our memories. I would be sitting in my room, doing nothing important and suddenly all these thoughts would be running through my head. I came to realise that he was an important part of my life and it will take way longer to infact get over our friendship.

Imagine losing a brother. Someone so close to you. Someone that you grew up with. He was the part of my family. His uncle and my father used to be best friends, so Harry was always welcome in my house. My dad loves him and so did I. Crazy, how so many things had changed.

I blamed it all on myself. I felt guilty for simping over his bully. I never meant to hurt him. I wish we were kids again. Just young, innocent siblings we used to be. If only we could play hide and seek in the woods again. These memories were just make me emotional. I miss these moments so much...

I got distracted when I realised what time it was. Perfect moment to go study to the library. I made a decision that I will start working on myself from now on. I wanted to became more organised and stable. Can't forget the main reason - I wanted to be distracted from my overwhelming thoughts.

When I got there, I picked a table and sat down. There is so much homework I have to get done with. Unfortunately Hermione couldn't come to accompany me tonight. She's been spending most of her time with Ron lately. I guess they got closer with each other. I'm happy for them. I hope he'll treat her right.

I was in the middle of my Potions homework when I saw Harry. He just came in and sat in the table pretty far away from me. He didn't notice I was here too I guess. I could clearly see that he was pensive.

And then he looked at me. I quickly looked away and stared at my desk. I hid my face in the book, hoping he won't notice me. I think he was staring at me for a while. That made me a bit anxious.

He definitely realise that it was me because after few minutes he got up and sat to my table. My head was still in the books, pretending horribly that I didn't notice him at all. My hands were shaking.

"It's just Harry" I thought, trying to calm myself down. Whatever was happening now was just so awkward.

Harry was looking at me confused with his brows raised. He open his mouth as if he was about to say something but then he quickly closed it. I tried to not look at him. I felt extremely helpless.

"I am so sorry for everything Maya" be place his hand on my book and removed it from my face. I looked at him emotionally now. I wanted to make thing the way they used to be but I feel like we both aren't ready for that yet.