Chapter VII

Today I woke up in a good mood. Not sure why. I wanted to do something fun. Make some good memories, so I got dressed and went to Hermione's room.

"Good morning Ravenclaw" I screamed when I bursted through her door. She flinched. I didn't wake her up but she was still in bed.

"Oh god, what now Maya?" She said jokingly.

"Let's do something fun today!" I said with excitement in my voice.

"Like what?" She snort "You know we have Alchemy exam this week"

"Oh come on! You've already learnt everything" I looked at her with hope "we could invite some Gryffindors to the common room and play truth or dare" I smiled at my own idea. Yes, that's what I wanted to do today. We used to play truth or dare a lot last year. That's for example when Ron admitted his feelings towards Hermione.

"I'm not sure Mays..." I looked at her very disappointed "fine whatever, I'll ask everyone"

"Thanks, you truly are the best" I smiled and left her room.

Finally, I'll get to spend some time with my friends. I really needed that now. Plus I couldn't stay at Cedric's every day. Now that he has a girlfriend I have to give him more space. I remember Cho used to be very jealous of me. That just happened to be beyond annoying but it's better now, I suppose. I'm hoping she won't try to cut me out of his life, because if she will I won't hold back.

Later that day.

Classes had just ended. Me, Hermione and Ginny were walking through the huge corridor towards our dorm. Then someone grabbed my arm. We all turned around.

"Mind if I steal you for a second?" Blaise asked, surprising all of us completely.

"Oh- Alright" I responded. "I'll be right back ladies"

Hermione grabbed Ginny's arm and they walked away. Now I was standing alone with Blaise. Guess I was about to find out what he needed me for.

"Maya, you saw Draco with Pansy, didn't you? He whispered.

"Oh so it's about Malfoy?" I rolled my eyes "I don't have time for this now"

How could he even bother me with such thing. If he knew what I saw, wouldn't he understand my reaction. Damn Slytherins.

"Wait, hear me out" He raised his voice as if the matter of the issue was deadly important. I just stood by him stunned, expecting some stupid excuses and irritating chatter.

"For a fact, it should be coming from me but, Draco is mad about you Maya, he won't admit that, but I see it" I stared at him shocked. That was another kind of delusion he was having right now.

"Yea, didn't seem like I'm special yesterday" I smirked with madness. I seriously didn't know what Blaise was trying to do. Was he trying to prove something? As a matter of fact, he's words meant nothing according to my and Draco's relation. If there was ever even one.

"I'm not sure if I can explain it. He's just convinced that he's not good for you. I believe that it is the reason he goes after other girl, hoping to replace you?." Blaise looked at me expecting my reaction. His voice revealed how scared he was. I gave him a very confused look. Why would he tell me all that? All his best friends feeling and secrets? Something seemed seriously off with that.

"He could have said that himself. And besides, it's not the words that matter to me, it's the act." I said without a single doubt in my voice. If you excuse me now I'm kinda in a rush" I waved at him and started walking away.

"Think about it!" he shouted after me.

I didn't understand anything. Why would Blaise care in the first place? Was it that important? Were I that important? The overwhelming wave of questions floated my mind. I was truly sick of all the issues Draco's existence has brought upon me. And I could feel it in my blood that it was only the beginning.

I was about to enter the Gryffindor Common Room. All my friends were waiting there. I have convinced myself strongly that after such long period of stress I deserve to have so enjoyment in my five.

When I came in everyone was already waiting for me. I apologized for being late and we started playing.

The bottle pointed Gorge first. He wanted to do truth.
"Who from all present people here who do you find the most attractive?" asked Ron with a huge smile on his face. We all knew the answer. Gorge was simping for Angelina since 3rd year.
"Angelina Johnston" he said and a little blush appeared on her face. How cute.

Next the bottle pointed on Olivier.
"I'll do dare" he smiled
"Kiss a preferred female here" Fred said. Everyone looked at Olivier. He was nervous. And then he came closer to me. I looked at him surprised. He raised his brow with a little smirk on his face, waiting for my consent. I nodded and he kissed me. A gentle, pleasant kiss. Boys started clapping for him. I blushed.

Then the bottle landed on Harry.
"Truth"
"Who are you in love with?" Ron smirked and Hermione hit him from the back
"Ouch! What the hell?" He looked at Mione and she gave him a dead serious look. I was confused as heck. Harry never told me he was in love with someone. Guess we both kept secrets from each other.
"I've got a better question" Hermione said quickly. "Is it true that your uncle was finally found innocent"
"Yes, it is true" he replied "In fact, they promised us a compensation for all this years he was innocent at Azkaban." He looked at me. I smiled softly. That was such a good news.

After harry spinned the bottle it finally landed on me. I wanted truth too. Now as I think of that, should have pick a dare
"What did Blaise want?" Ginny asked with joy. What was I supposed to say. Me and Hermione gave each other a terrified look. I was hoping she will save me too, but guess she ran out of words.
"Oh he just asked about..." I tried to lie as good as I could "if we already had the Alchemy exam, he wanted to know the answers" such a bad lie. Slytherins would never ask for our help. I knew for a fact nobody believed me.
"Um, okay?" Ginny looked at me with disbelief "Just to make sure, you know we can't lie in this game?" Now she was just annoying. Fortunately Hermione came to rescue me this time
"Maya and I have to go now, I promised to help her study tonight" she smiled and grabbed my hand. We waved them goodbye and left them speechless. Our behaviour was very suspicious, I knew that but what else was I supposed to do?

Another day ended very weirdly. I decided to stay at Hermione's tonight. She fell asleep immediately, guess she was really tired. I couldn't close my eyes. I was staring at the ceiling of her room.

Not sure if I mentioned that I always overthink everything. Wasn't any different today. I couldn't fall asleep due to the tons of thoughts flowing through my mind. As Blaise said I was thinking about Malfoy. What a weird person being. Guess I completely don't know him. And who was Harry in love with? I'd ask but after tonight I'm scared to even talk to him. What if he asks about what Blaise wanted? What should I say then?