Chapter XV

I was with Draco today. The last time I get to be with him. Tomorrow is the day when he goes away again. I have no idea where and for how long. For some reason he refused to tell me anything. I can't pressure him that much. I'm afraid that I'd come off as annoying.

We were sitting in our secret spot now. I should enjoy this moment but everything was just the other way around.

Ever since me and Malfoy became no longer a secret, so many Gryffindor distant themselves from me. I avoid and ignore Harry as much as I can now. He isn't trying too talk either I guess. The only supportive one in my dorm is Hermione I think. Everyone else just considers me as a traitor and they don't even bother to hide it.

I understand that Draco Malfoy bullied literally all of them and they have every right to hate him, but why be mad at me? I didn't chose to be attracted to such a person. Honestly now I didn't care. They will never know him the way I do. How could they ever understand anything if they were judging me without hearing the story.

Now I was sitting hugged tightly to Draco. The sun was slowly going down. We were both silent. I could tell something was bothering him. I wanted to help, but how? I didn't even know where was he going tomorrow. I felt so useless right now. I couldn't even comfort him. Instead of saying anything I just grabbed his hand and started playing with his fingers. I was hoping that I could distract him from his worries.

"What are you doing?" He smirked. Guess it worked. I looked up at him and smiled. He was also smiling but I could see that he was deep there devastated. After all this time that we've spent together, I learnt how to read his emotions better.

"What's bothering you Dray?" I asked softly. Not sure if it's a good idea but I just couldn't keep quiet anymore.

"Nothing" he quickly looked away.

I placed my hand on his chest and pressed closer. I looked up and that's when I noticed it...

A little tear was running down his cheek. What could possibly made him this upset? I pulled a little away and looked at him worried. When he noticed that, he quickly wiped away the tear and raised his brow at me.

"Draco..." I felt so sorry for him. My favourite boy was clearly suffering. I noticed the embarassment on his face after he realised that he just teared up in front of me.

"You know I would never judge you for showing your emotions, right?" I questioned

"Just forget it" I noticed another tear. The moonlight reflected on his pale face. I could see every little drop of water now.

"Talk to me" I begged. I wanted to see that he trusts me. I wanted to know what was on his mind. I almost needed to make him feel better.

"It's nothing" he repeated and I looked at him kinda disappointed. I think he noticed that, because then he continued:

"The place where I'm going tomorrow will forever change me as a person Maya. You don't want to know the boy I'm going to become."

I didn't understand it at all. He's changing his behaviour towards me all the time and I love him no matter what. Why would he be so concerned and insecure now. I never realised he was actually worried about losing me. My heart warm up a little.

"I will never judge you for anything Draco" I said slowly, letting his process every word. He has to know that I will never turn my back on him. "Besides, no matter what changes, I'm not going to go away"

Then he cupped my face with his hands and I smiled at him. He smiled back and got a little closer. Our faces were almost touching now.

"I'm gonna miss you Flower" he whispered and kissed me sensually. I was hoping for more, not gonna lie but he was clearly not in the mood right now. I'll respect that.

In the morning

I stayed with Draco for the night. We just cuddled and fell asleep.

Now as he was still asleep I was watching his messy hair falling on his forehead and the way he was slowly breathing. That calmed me down a lot. Last night Draco couldn't fall asleep at all. Guess he was too stressed about something. I was glad to see him finally rest.

And then he opened his eyes. I smiled at him and he kissed my forehead.

"You're just watching me sleep now, aren't you?" He smirked and I nodded. "Obsessive stalker"

"Says who? You literally stalk me all the time" I said jokingly and rolled my eyes. He smiled.

"Okay, you're right" he responded. Woah, Draco Malfoy agreed with me. "But only to make sure no one's hitting up on you, you know?

Well, that was weird. He was jealous? Thought we weren't together. He was now making it obvious that I meant something to him. I was glad about that, but I had a feeling it isn't going to be easy for any of us. There is a long way ahead, that we have to go through together.

After a while we got up and got ready together. He put on a black suit today, while I was just wearing oversized hoodie. This made me feel weird. Where is he going, to the funeral?

But seriously, he looked so good now. His hair was perfectly arranged. His hands were decorated with rings and all his face features looked perfect now. I found it kinda hard to control myself around him, so I randomly kissed him.

"Ohhh" he smiled surprised "guess someone is also going to miss me" I hugged him and looked up. He hands were on my waist now and mines were on his shoulders.

"You have no idea how much" I smiled back at him and he smirked. "Promise that you'll be back as soon as you can, okay?" I asked with sorrow.

"Okay, well I can't exactly promise" he looked upset now "I'll do my best Mays" he kissed me and we both went to grab our things.

Then there was the moment of our farewell.

"I have to go now" he looked at me waiting for my response. I just stood there not knowing what to do at all. We were alone, watching Draco's parents waiting for him outside of Hogwarts. They were clearly vexed and I didn't want to get him in more trouble.

"See you soon Maya" he grabbed my hand. "Hopefully" he then added.

A tear appeared on my cheek. I didn't want him to leave at all. I need him here with me. Guess I couldn't keep him close anymore.

"Hey, Draco..." I looked at him holding back my tears. He cupped my face with his hands waiting for what I was about to say.

"I like you a lot" another tear was running down my cheeks now. I couldn't help it anymore

"I love you Draco" I looked away realising what I just said. Such a stupid thing to say to him right now. He literally said it himself that he didn't want to have any obligation towards me. His response shocked me.

"Well, okay I'll go now" he pulled away. I looked at him confused. "My parents are waiting". He kissed me and walked away.

What? 'I'll go now'? That was his response to me opening up about my feelings for him? Could have expected that, but part of me just wanted to believe that I meant something more to him. I thought he was scared to share his feelings with me. Now all the excuses seemed unreal. He could have just said it back if he felt it too, right?

I watched him walk away and then meet with his parents through the window. All I knew now we that he was going away, again. All left for me now is too simply to count day until I see him again. Until our lips touch one more time...

Thank you for reading chapter XVI. Appreciate y'all getting so far so much! Make sure to vote if you like this chapter <3

➵instagram - mayaaflower_
tiktok - mayaaflower