Chapter XLV

Dracos POV

"Hey, I'm glad you're back mate," Blaise said, the moment he saw me in the entrance to the Slytherin common room.

I never really realised how much I've missed my best friend. Blaise has always been the closest to me. He didn't fully understand me, but he tried and if I've ever gotten myself in shit, Lord knows he was there with me.

I don't think I've ever smiled as brightly towards him before. I don't think I did to anyone from my house, really.

"I'm glad I'm back too," I said, hugging Zabini. And it was, frankly, the truth. I was glad to be back... home. He patted my back and it sure as hell felt just the same as before the battle.

Good ol' Zabini. Heavens, I prayed he never changes.

"Yeah, Slytherin wasn't the same without you!" Marcus threw and my face turned in the direction his voice was coming from. A few of my housemates were sitting right beside us on the main couch.

"I'm guessing you're doing quite well," Adrian smirked while standing up.

"Why's that?" I asked suddenly muddled. There was distinct pride on Pucey's face. I could not quite figure out what was he so excited about. Did he mean to talk about something specific...?

"Because someone apparently had a good time last night with we-all-know-who." Marcus laughed slightly. His facial expressions revealed that he was expecting some fun and mockery to begin now.

"That Gryffindor girl never leaves you alone, does she?" Terrance added.

"I have no idea what you guys are talking about" I murmured the greatest lie of this evening. Everyone in this school would easily guess that when someone mentioned my Gryffindor girl it had to be my Flower.

"About you and Flower, duh" Marcus chuckled again. "Don't try to be sneaky with us man."

None of them changed in the slightest bit... the development of their humour seemed to have halted completely.

"Oh—" I exhaled, not wishing for this conversation to continue.

"Wait didn't you smash her once?" Terrence turned to Adrian suddenly.

"He did" Marcus threw words carelessly. The words were rushed. I wasn't quick enough with comprehending what they meant...

"She's a whole slut, always has been," Adrian responded. "But better she gives it to us than to some Hufflepuff losers, eh Malfoy?"

I think - that was the moment it hit me. The realisation.

They were talking about my Flower, they were shaming her, they called her a name she never should have been called.

And why were they? I didn't know.

"What'd you say?" I gritted my teeth. Little mattered, as my anger was now awakened. Looking straight at Adrian's amused eyes, I couldn't help but wish to rip them out of his face.

"I would not—" Blaise tried to cut into the mess.

"She slept with me too, I doubt she remembers tho—" Adrian said surprisingly calmly, despite my hateful look. "But now that you're back, you keep her. Pansy does just fine for me anyway."

My fists clenched harder than I can remember.

In the same second, Blaise grabbed my wrist and squeezed it tightly. I know damn right he was praying at that moment that I do not move furtherly. But as he also knew me for years, I believe that he was already familiar with the inevitable end to this situation.