Chapter VI

I randomly woke up in the middle of the night. Me and Draco were all over each other cuddling now. When did it happen? I wasn't complain tho. Seemed like a dream come true. I couldn't think about the situation I was in now. If it felt right or wrong to be lying snuggled up to him. I was feeling so warm and pleasant that I pressed a little closer to him and fell asleep again.

When I woke up he was gone. It automatically made me upset. I've never felt this way for anyone before. I wanted him here with me. I almost needed to hug him tightly. I craved to see if he actually cared. He didn't seem drunk yesterday. But why? Why didn't Draco Malfoy drink? He always does, that's why it got me overthinking. What if he wanted to stay sober to keep an eye on me? I smiled. My imagination really gave me hope.

I checked my phone - 10 am. No wonder he left. Classes already started. Then it hit me - Harry and Hermione. Shit! I didn't sleep in my room last night and now I wasn't in the class. God how will I explain that? What a mess were I in?

Before going to my dorm I left a little note on his bed. "Thanks Malfoy"

Then got up and went to my dorm. There I got dressed and grabbed my stuff. I rushed to the class. I really didn't want to piss off the teachers even more on my first week.

When I came in the class Hermione and Harry gave me the angry look. I sat with Ginny, thinking it will save me but I was fooled by my hopes. Hermione turned around.

"Seems like you have a lot to explain" she sounded outraged.
"I was at Ced for the night, I drunk a little and overslept again" I lied "nothing too deep" I can't believe I just came out with such a story. I think they bought it! Oof, now just play it cool, so nobody notices anything.

"whatever, just focus on the lesson now" she rolled her eyes and Harry gave me a very questioning look. He stared at me probably hoping to see if I was telling the truth. I really hope he didn't notice how nervous I was.

After the classes Hermione grabbed my hand and pulled me into girls' bathroom.
"You think you can lie like that and nobody will notice?!" She was furious. If there's one thing I knew it's that I didn't want to deal with angry Hermione. She's so overprotective and I had no choice but to tell her about my feelings towards Malfoy. I couldn't keep lying like that. She was my best friends. After all she's supposed to understand and support me right?

"Hermione I need to tell you something.." i said reluctantly "I like Draco Malfoy. I like him a lot... Yesterday i-" she cut me off

"You what? Are you out of your mind Maya?" She looked at me shocked. I guess she didn't expect that...

"Let me finish!" I demanded. Then I told her everything. Maybe without the spicy details. She was staring at me deeper within every word I said. Then she said the most unexpected thing.

"Please don't tell Harry" she sounded so sad "He's such a good person. Maya, he's better than Malfoy"

What? Why did she compare them. And why couldn't I tell Harry? Not that I wanted, it's just her request was very unexpected. Not the type of reaction I thought I was gonna get from her. Surprising she didn't shout at me or gave me a monologue about why Draco wasn't a good guy for me. She was just staring, weirdly staring.

"Aren't you mad" I asked confused
"Me? Well Maya, from how I know you whatever I'll say now won't affect you anyway" she said calmly " so do whatever feels right I guess" I wasn't sure if she said it with sarcasm or if she actually meant it. I guess we'll see. I hugged her and we both went different ways. She went back to our room and I was on my way to Cedric's room. We have to talk.

I was walking throught the Fourth-floor corridor when I saw something that I wish I didn't today.

Draco Malfoy was out there making out with Pansy. I didn't understand it. Why? My all hopes that he ever liked or cared for me suddenly faded away. Holding back my tears was never this hard. I just stood there watching them with tears slowly falling down my cheeks. I can't explain what I felt. It just broke me.

"Fuck you Malfoy" I shouted and quickly run away to Cedric's room. Although I barely could see anything with my eyes full of tears I noticed that he pushed Pansy away and looked at me.

I didn't knock, just opened the door with tears. I stood there leaning against Cedric's room's door. And then I opened my eyes.
"What the fuck?" I screamed shocked. This day couldn't get fucking worse. It turns out I walked in just as cedric decided to fuck Cho. Is this a joke? I looked at them still crying and quickly left the room.

I literally didn't know what to do with myself. I was in Hufflepuff Common Room. I couldn't stay here coz it was not my house besides I didn't want anyone to see me crying. I couldn't go to Ced's room for obvious reasons. And I couldn't go out because I didn't want to see Malfoy with Pansy again today. What the hell, can't believe I was so excited to come back to Hogwarts when being here is a complete mistake at this point. I can't blame this all on bad luck anymore.

Then someone sat on the couch next to me. I didn't care. My face was hidden in my hands. I just wanted to cry out as loud as I could. Unfortunately I couldn't even do that.

The person who sat next to me put his arm around my shoulders. I looked up. Cedric.

"I'm sorry hun, come in so we can talk?" He asked softly. I nooded. I wasn't mad at him. Just all these things happening to me right now where absolutely too much to take at once.

We came in his room. Cho wasn't there anymore. Guess he told her to leave then. I felt bad for ruining his evening but they could've locked the door. Guess they will from now on.

We sat down on his bed. He hugged me. My face was resting on his chest now. My tears made his shirt wet.

"Oh Maya" he was gently playing with my hair. "Who hurt you?"

"Malfoy, its always about the fucking Malfoy" I told him what happened. What I saw and how it made me feel. I knew he understood. He hugged me tighter and said "It's okay, you're safe here" that warmed my heart. Then we shared few minutes of silence. I was truly feeling better and safe here. But I could hold myself to ask him about Cho.

"So are you and her back together?" "I'm not sure, I like her" he replied with hesitation in his voice. Cho and him dated pretty long ago and I'm almost sure he never got over her. They broke up because she lied and broke his trust. I'm just hoping she's not gonna make him feel like I was feeling right now. Being deceived by your loved one is the worst feeling.

I smiled and we continued talking about the mess I was in. I told him how Malfoy took me to his room after the party. Ced couldn't believe that Draco was this caring at that moment. Now as I thought of it, yea that was pretty weird. I felt so special then. Not anymore after I saw that I'm just one of many girls he plays with.

Anyway, after a while Cedric walked me to my dorm to make sure I don't bump into Draco again today. After I got back to my room, we said goodbye and I rushed straight to bed. I made a decision to never cry because of Draco Malfoy again. Not because of him, he wasn't worth it. "just stay strong and keep your cool" I thought and fell asleep immediately.

Thank you for reading today's chapter! Would appreciate if you guys could vote♡ Feel free to share your opinions about this mess haha :)