Chapter XXIV

I fell asleep in Harry's arms tonight. Was so exhausted with everything happening today that I didn't care at all. We were just cuddling and he made sure I was okay every 2 minutes. Was so sweet of him but I actually wasn't.

I had a huge problem now. I really wish I could go to Draco and tell him how sorry I am. I need to hug him and say that I know he's not like that at all.

But I can't do that yet. He joined them. Regardless if it was what he wanted or not he made this decision. I truly needed to believe that he didn't want to become a death eater.

His yesterday's confession messed everything up. The only good thing from it is that I finally understand why he acted like that. Well not exactly everything yet. But most things are starting to make sense to me again.

The fact that in my head it looked like he didn't want to get things serious with me because he tried to protect me... My brain created some scenarios in which he keeps the truth for so long just to make sure I'm safe. I wanted to believe in them. Honestly I don't know, if I'll be about to be myself without him.

Few hours later

I didn't sleep at all last night. So did harry. We were just lying close to each other, cuddling and overthinking all of this crazy shit happening around. Guess none of us had the confidence to talk about it then

I got up when I realised what time it was. I have to go back to my room and at least try getting ready for classes today.

"It's Friday already, you can do this" I kept saying to myself in my head.

"Are you going anywhere?" Harry asked finally when I was about to leave

"Obviously, to my room" I laughed a little at the fact that he realised I was leaving just now.

"Want me to walk you there?" He asked and I nodded denying.

"It's just Gryffindor dorm, why would you have to walk me to my room?" I asked confused

"I'll go just in case" he demanded and I could do nothing rather than just agree.

We left his room and walked into a enormous common room together. And guess who we saw there.

Ginny Weasley.

I noticed her before Harry and tried to warn him. Unfortunately he was somewhere else with his mind and didn't seem to get my hints.

And then she saw us. Holding hands. It looked bad. So bad. She definitely thought that we became something more than friends.

"What the hell?!" She screamed at us.

I sighed letting go Harry's hand. He looked at Ginny helplessly.

"You're going to date him now? Unbelievable!" She shouted running in my direction.

"I hate you!" She started punching me. Gladly she's not that strong to actually hurt me like that but it still hurts and I was shocked. Harry stood there confused, not knowing who should he help.

"Stop now!" He finally grabbed Ginny's wrists. She looked at him with tears in her eyes.

"How is she better?" She asked with her voice cracking. I felt awful now.

"I'm not, please let's talk.." I interrupted her

"Shut up!" She raised her voice at me again.

"I never said anyone was better, we just didn't work Gin..." He explained.

"That whore over me?" She rolled her eyes.

"Excuse me? What'd you say?" I got furious all of a sudden.