Chapter V

In case you're wondering, the person I wanted to take to the party with me was Cedric Diggory. I couldn't think of more supportive and understanding friend.

Right now I was on my way to his dorm. When I got there I knocked on his door.

"Come in" I heard. Luckily he was inside.
"Hey, do you have like few minutes?" I asked
"For you always, what's up?"
"Well I kinda wanted to talk"

I really didn't know where to start from. I had no idea how to explain to him why did I want to go to the Slytherin party. Cedric looked at me confused, I really ran out of words at that moment.

"Okay well, go on Mays...?"
"It's complicated" it really is right?
"Well I'll do my best to understand"
I knew he will, I just have to ask if he wants to go with me now. Easy right?

"Hey Ced?"
"Hmm?" He nodded
"Wanna come to a party with me" okay I said it there, why were I so scared? It's just Cedric, c'mon.
"A party huh? Which one?"
"You'll find out after you answer my question" I smiled
"Are we going as..."
"As friends of course! As friends Ced."
"Well, sure I will I guess" he smiled at me "how could I say no?"

great now the hardest part... Try to explain to him why you want to go there and make him understand your feelings towards Draco Malfoy. Okay I got this.

I never told about my feelings for Draco to anyone before. I had no idea how Cedric would react. The fact that Malfoy bullies everyone in school just destroys the possibility that I will ever tell someone from Gryffindor about it. Thought of me losing all my friends because of one boy who didn't even seem to like at all was absolutely terrifying.
But Cedric was different, I don't know what reaction did I expect from him. I only hope he'll understand it all.

"You have to hear me out till the end now okay Cedie?" He nodded his head. "Okay so..." I told him about everything. That its a Slytherin party. That I like Draco Malfoy. I have no idea how many times I apologized for liking such a person. It felt so wrong. Cedric was just starting at me. Guess he didn't expect that...

I also told him about my fear of anyone from Gryffindor finding out. Especially Harry. The only thing I skipped was me and Draco making out on the first day. That would be too much information I think.

"Say something Cedric, I'm so sorry" I apologized again. He tried to hide the huge shock he was in.

"Well Mays, I think that umm..." he was looking for the right words I believe "I cant really tell you who to like you know? But if I could advise you something, I'd say anyone but him" he looked away.

"I- Cedric I didn't chose to be attracted to such an asshole" his eyes were staring onto the floor now. "Please look at me, I wanna know if your okay with it..."

"As long as you're happy I guess" he looked up at me. "Just don't let him hurt you okay?

"Yea, thanks Cedie" we hugged, I was so happy. Finally someone knew. I felt so relieved. It's so hard to keep secrets from your best friends. "Are you still up for the party?" I asked after a while.

"Obviously, someone has to make sure you're save there" he smiled. "I'd be honoured to be your personal guardian" we both laughed.

Next day

I was waiting for Ced in his room while he was taking a quick shower before the party. I was already done and ready to go! That's the outfit I decide to go with:

 I was already done and ready to go! That's the outfit I decide to go with:

"Finally" I thought when Cedric came out of his bathroom. He was looking very fresh and handsome in his grey shirt.

"I have to prepare my wand because you look so good I won't be able to defend you from all these guys fighting for you" he stared at me.

"I'm sure you can do that" I smiled "Besides, you don't look to bad yourself, sir" We both laughed. Our relationship changed and we got way closer after I told him about Draco. He was the only person I truly trusted at that moment. I had a feeling that Harry and Hermione wouldn't understand me like Cedric. I was so greatful for him.

"Time to go" he informed so we went to Slytherin dorm.

Blaise opened the door for us. I got nervous but Ced grabbed my hand so we went in. We started talking with Blaise, he seems like an actually fun and respectful guy, who would have known? Then Adrian and Marcus joined the conversation. We all were laughing at Adrian's jokes, never expected him to be an interesting person either.

I looked around hoping to see Draco, but I couldn't find him anywhere. I guess he wasn't in the room. But Luckily so was Dafne so that made my mood better.

Draco's POV

How can I resist if she comes here looking like this? At this point I'm convinced that she does this on purpose. I didn't think she would actually come. But she's here. One huge fucking problem. She brought that Hufflepuff here. She's trying to make me jealous? Pathetic.

I looked at her hugging Blaise, Adrian and Marcus. They were talking and seemed like having fun. I was in the dark corner of the Slytherin Common Room with Pansy Parkinson dancing in front of me. Another one trying to impress me.

I saw Maya looking around, as if she was searching for something or someone. I better wait for the right moment. Now she's with Diggory anyway. Glad at least she didn't bring Potter or Weasley to my dorm.

Later that night

Maya's POV

Everyone was drunk. I took 5 shots already. I felt a bit weird because haven't drink in a long time and I'm in fact not used to it. I was sitting down leaning on Cedric's arm. He was drunk too. Not sure how much he drunk, probably more. Funny coz he was supposed to keep an eye on me, but I don't blame him. The party was actually fun. Suddenly Cedric got a gag reflex.

"I'll be back" he said heavily. I was too drunk to realise what happened so I just sat there and nodded.

So I was alone now. Sitting on the little sofa in the corner. I closed my eyes. They felt so heavy.

I think that I passed out for a while because when my eyes opened again I was in someone's bedroom. I was laying on huge comfy bed. I quickly got up trying to remember what just happened but my headache didn't help.

Then he came in. His hair was wet, so I guess he just took a shower. He was only in a towel so I could easily see all his abs and strong body. Draco smiled at me.

"What happened? What am I doing here?" I asked confused and amazed by the view.

"You'd prefer me to leave you there drunk on the couch?" He asked sarcastically

"Oh come on, it couldn't be that bad, besides I was with Cedric" I refused to believe in what just happened

"Oh yea your boy Cedric..." He rolled his eyes "I believe that he went to the room with Cho"

"He's not 'my boy' Malfoy" I said irritated "and cho was here?"

"Yhm guess somebody invited her" thats weird and doesn't sounds like something Cedric would do but I was too tired to analyse it now.

"Well thank you Draco" that's the first time I referred him with his name I think.

"I did it because I had to" he stated "my conscience wouldn't let me look indifferently at Pucey drooling at you"

"Oh..." I got even more confused "since when do you follow the rules huh?

"Just go back to sleep and stop being so annoying before I decide to kick you out" he rolled his eyes again. Guess now I was the annoying one.

"Fine by me" I lay down again. I was too tired to go to my room and shockingly Draco was different now. He didn't seem the same person who would bully everyone around. I was weirdly delighted to stay in him room.

He went to his closet and came out with oversized t-shirt and grey sweatpants on. My eyes were almost closed but the way he looked wouldn't let me close them completely. I had to stare as much as u could. Then he lay down on the huge dark sofa in the corner of his room. He seemed exhausted. I patted on the bed to make him come. As I said the bed was huge so he doesn't have to sleep on the couch right? Draco nodded his head and laid on the bed next to me. I fell asleep immediately.

Hope y'all enjoy reading today's chapter. It was probably the longest one yet. Make sure you vote, it really motivates me, thank you ♡